Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting-edge cloud technologies? Do you want to be part of the team that creates showcase user experiences that create a lasting impression on the users? Do you have the engineering skills, attention to detail and quality, passion for designing, deploying, and managing systems and services that delight our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast-paced and highly-technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence? Do you take pride in building technologies and processes that measure and ensure the health of online services for large Enterprises?
If so, consider joining the Service Engineering team in the End User Engineering organization of Core Services Engineering and Operations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in one or more Microsoft365 services, agile development practices, and experience in designing & improving processes and platforms. In addition, this individual would demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and Execution: Ability to think holistically and strategically. Leverage understanding of Incident Management so that the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and decision making happens at the right levels on the team. Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex products.
- Communication: Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with senior business and decision makers inside Microsoft. Conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey those thoughts to others in a clear, effective and motivating manner.
- Collaboration: Expert collaborator able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoft.
- Microsoft Values: Candidates must be excellent representatives of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles.
- Judgment: Excellent business judgment. Consistently demonstrating executive maturity and intellectual curiosity, helping the team pursue the best ideas
- Attract, develop and retains talent. Recognize team members' strengths, aligned to capability needs, resulting in strong delivery results
- Facilitate an environment of inclusion that leverages diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global customers
- Create a culture of customer engagement and lead team to deliver successful customer outcomes
- Lead a consistent delivery excellence rhythm and ensures alignment with key internal stakeholders.
- Consistently manage areas of fiscal responsibility, staying within budget, and effectively managing resources.
- Proactively identify issues/problems in the service and application portfolios, driving them to their resolution
- Contribute to the design of the Incident Management process, data modeling and reporting, policies, and procedures
- Provide training, coaching and guidance to team, growing best practices throughout the organization
- Assemble monthly service review presentations and business management communications
Preferred, not required:
- 8+ years of experience in Service Management and demonstrated ability for end-to-end service compliance, quality, and client satisfaction.
- 5+ years' experience in managing high performing teams
- 3+ years of experience with data analysis and presenting data to Leadership.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Lead and drive complex projects with multiple work streams spanning different businesses and disciplines
- Lead Strategic Planning to grow revenue and meet productivity targets
- Ability to deliver innovative improvement plans that focus on maturing the service and lowering costs.
- Ability to articulate recommendations at all level
- Develop strategic plans to create a high quality and unique experience
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product Group teams to ensure alignment on trends, user experience and demand management
- Proven track record of creating an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively engage, and wants to be part of the team.
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.