The Dynamics 365 Connected Store team is looking for pioneers to help craft new products to transform the modern retail workplace. We use emerging technologies - including computer vision, IoT, and machine learning - to augment and improve the professional lives of retailers around the world, empowering them to achieve more.
Our focus is on enterprise scenarios and integrating physical data with business applications. We are building an end-to-end solution comprising both cloud services and edge processing. Working with developing tech means you are an agile problem-solver who is not afraid of big challenges. What are we looking for from you? You embrace rapidly changing design demands and tight schedules. You not only have great ideas but also take ownership of product features and drive them to completion.
If you have been searching for an opportunity to have a broad impact on Microsoft's plans for the future, this is the team to make that dream a reality. You will work on our service backend and drive our infrastructure readiness.
- Create long-term infrastructure, deployment and implement our release roadmap.
- Keep the backlog organized (within your group and across the service and other disciplines)
- Manage the cost and deployment of our dependencies
- Own the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery scenarios.
- Own the gateway, DNS and load balancing infrastructures.
- Present your design to team leadership as well as to the engineering team to ensure alignment with our long - term vision
- Assist (be hands-on, and set the example) in setting up new quality-driven practices for infrastructure, COGS and service layout.
- Provide technical guidance to the leadership team
- Coach leaders and engineers in the engineering team
- Have a passion for quality and reach for quality-driven outcomes as aligned with customer obsession and timeline pressure.
- Assist, create focus and effort in incubating new projects and technologies to enable the next wave of customer scenarios
- Participate in live-site scenarios.
5+ years of Back-end experience software and/or service engineering with rigorous quality engineering practices across all phases of product deployment, and validation and infrastructure management.
Having shipped and maintained a product (to Production), going through all the software development lifecycle is required.
B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Excellent communication skills and ability to translate technical excellence into the customer experience.
Excellent teamwork and coordination skills and the ability to create clarity from ambiguity Demonstrated ability to develop expertise in new technologies.
Excellent individual commitment and dexterity.
Preferred skills and qualities:
Professional experience with developing the latest web technologies (Web Components, React or React Native) is a plus.
Professional experience with developing for Microsoft Business Applications (Dynamics CRM, Dynamics ERP or PowerApps) is a plus.
Drive, curiosity, and a creative approach to problem-solving Enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a positive and collaborative attitude
Excellent interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills Strong sense of ethics, especially around privacy
Good software development hygiene (git, Agile) Familiarity with Microsoft Azure products, or an ability to quickly digest product info to inform new architecture designs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.