Are you looking for a career opportunity to gain deep understanding on how Microsoft drives results across the Commercial and Services Businesses? Are you looking for a great opportunity to stretch your people, organization and business leadership skills and have a big impact in MSFT's strategic transformation? Are you looking to gain a deep understanding of the selling motions across our customer segments? Are you a finance or business strategy leader that gets excited about understanding the market opportunities, defining the possible, and using the power of technology to address our customers' most pressing challenges? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this opportunity is for you!
Microsoft is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative individual to join and support the growth of a new and exciting team. This is a unique opportunity to lead the growth and development of a new FP&A Team and drive maturity across FP&A process, people and systems capabilities.
The individual should have strong financial planning, budgeting and forecasting experience; as well as superb analytical skills, to support and drive strategic and financial initiatives. This role will also serve as a strategic business partner and interface with the Sales Leaders, Business Leaders and Corporate Leadership to drive tactical and financial/strategic execution for the business.
In this role we're looking for someone who excels in executive partnership, cross-group collaboration, drives transformation, business acumen/insight as well as people & organizational leadership. We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative finance professional with proven leadership and ability to drive business impact to support & drive performance clarity and predictability in complex business models, to join our team.
- Leads, builds, develops and retains a high-performing, diverse and inclusive team
- Leads the FP&A team to play the role of growth officer, providing business insights that proactively articulates areas of actionable opportunity and objective performance assessment
- Serves as the principal point of contact across Business and Microsoft Leadership
- Leads key Financial processes across the organization, including Financial Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and Management Reporting & Analysis processes and supports Financial ROB
- Works closely with cross-functional stakeholders to drive business growth from strategy through execution
- Partners with Business Development on RFPs, ROI and planning for large bids and deals
- Develops requirements and leads the execution of organizational process, tools and reporting strategy
- Analyzes and presents complex financial information in simple terms, presenting conclusions and recommendations to Executive Leadership
- Drives process and systems enhancements through targeted initiatives to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and scalability for the new organization
- Communicates clear vision to the Team to align the strategic goals and objectives for Microsoft to tactical execution plans for the Business
- Builds and manages partnerships across Business Leaders and works with cross-functional teams to deliver on strategic goals and objectives
- Works closely with the Overall Finance Leader (CFO equivalent) to execute organizational goals and objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business administration, economics, accounting or related discipline; MBA or the equivalent work experience to a MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in Finance/Business Leadership; Controllership and/or FP&A Leadership
- 10+ years of experience leading OR managing budget, revenue/sales and/or forecasting plans
- Significant experience working in the Technology industry (e.g., software, cloud providers)
- Knowledgeable and passionate about technology products and services, competitor products and services
- Significant hands on experience defining and driving organizational change management; including data and reporting strategy through execution
- Proven leadership and management skills with demonstrated skills in setting organizational vision and supporting strategies, building strong, effective and self-directed teams
- Skilled communicator with an executive presence, able to influence and shape favorable business outcomes
- United States Government (USG) contractor experience is a plus
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.