C+AI Security is looking for a Software Engineer 2 for Microsoft's Azure Key Vault offering. Microsoft's Azure Key Vault is a fundamental building block for services and customer applications where sensitive data must be kept secure. As a critical part of Azure, Key Vault goes wherever Azure goes. As a platform, Key Vault gives customers the means to easily and quickly protect data in the cloud and integrate with their apps & services. Backed by hardware-based cryptography, we offer safe, secure and customer-controlled access to their data.
Are you excited to be on the front-line of securing Microsoft and our customers that entrust their security to Microsoft? Are you passionate about enabling customers and team members to deliver reliable, high-performance solutions at scale with agility? Do you enjoy optimizing reliability, performance, cost, and solving complex problems with software and systems solutions?
- Design and deliver software and infrastructure to improve the reliability, scalability, and efficiency of your services.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in improving cost efficiency through service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on call duties (on and as needed basis).
- Build and drive consensus towards common goals and priorities through advanced impact and influence skills.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience and outstanding coding skills in C, C++, C#, Java, Python or similar languages.
- 2+ years of experience in Linux system internals and tools for developing and troubleshooting application and infrastructure stack.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- 2+ years of experience with championing SRE/DevOps core principles.
- 2+ years of experience in developing, testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments.
- Nice to have experience in data mining, machine learning.
- A passion for building and taking part in highly effective teams and development processes.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into networking, software and service design, operating systems, and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to engage in strategy discussions with leadership team members.
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems and critical production service environments.
- Statistics experience and bias for measurement and data driven improvements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.