Microsoft U.S. Public Sector Services is looking for an experienced Contracts Manager ("CM") with specific Federal experience who has a solid understanding and proven track record of researching, reviewing, interpreting, and applying the various federal FAR/DFAR acquisition and procurement codes as necessary to provide world class government contracts and subcontracts negotiations and business development/capture support. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing direct services sales support for their own accounts in a very fast paced and highly transactional IT Services environment. Primary responsibilities include: helping develop, capture, negotiate, execute and administer IT services proposals and contracts/subcontracts; primarily with the Federal Government and strategic partners. This position will also require some contracting coordination with our Channel Partners, System Integrators and ISV's. Prompt and regular collaboration and communication with our IT Consulting Delivery Managers and Sales Executives is critical to helping sell Consulting, Product Support and Cloud Services, and negotiate appropriate and acceptable (to Microsoft) terms and conditions in accordance with government regulations and statutes.
The ability to travel up to 20% is required for mostly local customer/partner negotiations and internal Microsoft meetings.
This Job is eligible for the following work arrangements: Full-Time. Location: Reston, Virginia/Chevy Chase, Maryland/Metropolitan Washington D.C. area.Key responsibilities will include the following
- Independently negotiate complex contracts and subcontracts to drive IT Services revenue for Microsoft Consulting, Support and Cloud Services;
- Proactively meet face-to-face with government acquisition officials to strategize and shape future solicitations in a way that positions Microsoft Services to compete and win;
- Lead the contracting lifecycle strategy from contract development through contract closure;
- Track and monitor contract pipeline revenue using web-based tools to enhance forecast accuracy;
- Support RFP bid responses, including participating on Bid/No Bid teams, perform legal/contractual risk compliance reviews, draft alternative contract language and participate on proposal pink and red review teams to ensure compliance and successful contract wins with Public Sector customers;
- Assist delivery teams to ensure contractual/legal compliance with government contracts and subcontracts;
- Communicate with internal customers, Public Sector customers and Microsoft Partners to ensure proper execution of contract and subcontract negotiation and administration and close-out strategy;
- Review, draft and negotiate federal government contracts, teaming agreements, master service agreements, subcontract agreements, proposals, non-disclosure agreements and other various documents in support of our U.S. Public Sector Services business;
- Conduct a legal/contractual risk compliance review and draft exceptions and responses with alternative language to RFP terms and conditions, compliance requirements and representations and certifications;
- Lead negotiator across customer accounts and consistently understand, interpret and apply federal procurement statutes, including complex services terms and conditions to reach successful closure of IT services sales opportunities in the forecast period;
- Identify and resolve contract issues in a manner that meets customer and partner needs, negotiate change orders and ensure contractual compliance with government contract regulations and policies;
- Proactively identify and recommend solutions for improving the RFP response, contract development and services sales processes, and participate in execution to meet team/group revenue targets;
- Attend daily/weekly pipeline calls and status pending deals, attend proposal strategy calls and meetings with internal employees to determine bid strategy; and,
- Work closely with Sales and Delivery teams to meet/exceed New Work Sold, Billed Revenue and Premier Support financial quotas.
A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of 5 years demonstrated direct experience supporting the sales of IT Services contracts and subcontracts in the federal government arena. Previous Public Sector Contract Management experience with excellent working knowledge and practical experience with researching, interpreting and applying the various federal agency procurement rules and regulations, including FAR Part 12 Acquisition of Commercial Items. Experience independently negotiating and closing contracts, teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements in support of capturing government IT services business. Demonstrated direct experience and willingness to develop external customer relationships as well as internal team relationships through interactions over the phone, email and in person to drive Services growth in Public Sector. Clearance Verification:
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret /SCI Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment. Desirable Skills
- Legal/paralegal training, education, and/or work experience is a huge advantage. Direct IT Services Sales Support (cradle-to-grave lifecycle), Proposal/Solicitation Preparation; Contract Writing; Negotiation; Contract Administration; Intellectual Property/Data Rights; Partnership/Teaming Arrangement; Risk Management; Sole Source Procurement; Public Sector contracting; SOW/Specification review; Change Management process; Customer Relationship Development.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.