We are building the Intelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud (IC3). We power Microsoft's first-party real-time conversation products, notably Skype and Teams with many millions of users, by providing reliable and high-quality audio and video calling, meetings, and chat services that work every time, from anywhere, on any device. And we expose our core capabilities to third-party partners, with which they can bring conversations to life in their own products. With IC3, we will enable customers to do more by making conversations on our platform more intelligent, surfacing useful information in real-time and taking actions on the customers' behalf during the conversation. And, we will learn from each conversation. Every call, meeting, or chat will make the next one better. Building and running services for Office 365 is challenging, but it is fun, rewarding and offers countless ways to positively impact the lives of many millions of people. Our Infrastructure complies with security, privacy, and other local laws and regulations and is deployed and available globally.
We are looking for an extremely passionate, versatile, and energetic Sr. Program Manager to help define strategic investments to improve delivery of our world class Cloud Infrastructure services, media technologies, and associated tools and processes to keep it up and running. The role will involve working closely with multiple leadership team members, product and engineering groups in the planning, development, and operations of the identified strategic areas. You need to be able to drive successful collaboration across these various groups while maintaining a focus on customer requirements and driving industry leading solutions that are resilient and compliant to meet the highest certification standards.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced technical program manager, engineering lead, or technical specialist with a strong track record of shipping services and a proven ability to take a growth-mindset towards customer, partner and engineering engagements with the goal of hitting our business and engineering objectives.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Drive building scalable, highly available solutions and tools across Infrastructure that supports Microsoft Teams
- Translate business requirements into a strategy for systems solutions, derive data driven insights, and building experiences that empower users to do more.
- Work directly with engineering teams to ensure new services meet the scale and cycle times for high volume deployments.
- Drive planning and execution of the identified investments through the defined quarterly planning cycles.
- Conceive and design service scale features that meet customer and operational requirements
- Design and implement improvements to our security posture and compliance automation
- Collaborate with partner teams to meet the engineering goals in a unified manner
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership of complex, cross-group and cross-discipline projects to successful completion
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or related disciplines
- 7+ years of program management or computer/network engineering experience
- Excellent written & oral communication, project management, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Strong technical problem-solving and analytical skills using data analysis
- Ambitious, self-motivated, proactive and results-oriented
- Passionate customer advocate
- Ability to collaborate with partners within and across teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt quickly to new technology and processes
- Ability to wear many hats, learn quickly, and change direction when needed
- Ability to think creatively and critically about product features and user scenarios in the enterprise space
- Experience shipping cloud-based software products
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, networking, compute, and storage technologies
- Knowledge of messaging and media technologies
- Understanding of devops and software engineering lifecycle
- Understanding of core internet infrastructure services like cloud identity, mail routing, DNS and related security scenarios
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.