At Berry, we are committed to our mission of 'Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $13 billion in revenue, we are a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. We operate over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employ over 48,000 individuals.
Are you looking for an inclusive organization with a fast-paced environment? We work with many of the world's leading brands to bring them value-added protection solutions. We foster an environment of team players who embrace our strong ties to the communities in which we work and serve. Become part of a place where your work is valued. Join our growing team today.PURPOSE:
To support the Maintenance and Setup teams by fabricating, modifying, or repairing parts for the production floor and building infrastructure. As a member of the team, you will report to the Maintenance Manager and work closely with the Technical staff. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Commitment to safety is a #1 priority.
- To support the Maintenance team by making the necessary repairs to a particular part or machine.
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output and plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of projects.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, drill presses, milling machines, or grinders.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers, height gages, and calipers.
- To take the idea or goal of a project and apply engineering principles and knowledge to make it a reality.
- Must perform scheduled preventative maintenance and calibration on tools used to ensure safety and accuracy.
- Must use the appropriate tool in the safest way possible for the appropriate task.
- Support the Maintenance Manager in meeting the team/plant goals, searching for cost savings opportunities, and managing down time.
- High School Diploma or GED; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship is preferred.
- Proven 3-5+ years of experience as a machinist.
- Experience in use of calibration tools of all kinds and the quality application thereof.
- Experience in use of lathe, mill, welding tools, various hand tools and their application.
- Understanding of engineering and technology to include applying principles, techniques, procedures, and tools to the design or repair.
- Ability to work overtime and be on call to handle emergency situations.
- Understanding of pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic functions.
- Ability to read and communicate blueprints.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Basic Computer Skills
- Complex Problem Solver
- Critical Thinker & Planner
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posting ID: 558253579Posted: 2020-05-21