Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter Operations Analyst, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
In the Data Center Operations Analyst role, you will work with the IT Operations Manager and Datacenter Operations Manager to drive and implement consistent programs across your datacenter. With your vendor team, you will enable the build out, onboarding and operationalization of new datacenter capacity, and actively participate in the incident and outage process to ensure proper root cause analysis and appropriate follow-up with affected site contacts. This role calls for a balance of leadership, influence skills, supportive individual contributions, and expertise in enterprise-level operations. Core Responsibilities:
As a successful Datacenter Operations Manager, duties include:
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with customers
- Create and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on time delivery
- Plan, manage, and communicate end-to-end project plans with stakeholders and teams
- Perform day to day project check-in and update to manage project delivery and quality
- Identify risks, gaps, and opportunities and communicate to stakeholders and other teams to drive resolution
- Gather and provide feedback on lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and productivity
- Be part of a mobilization team that supports deployments and break/fix activities at datacenter locations experiencing high work volumes
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- 2+ Years' experience in a 24x7x365 production environment or related experience
- 2+ Years' experience in datacenter processes and tooling or related experience
- Willingness to support a flexible travel schedule up to 25%
- Technical College degree or certification in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Perform and execute organization's safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by the flow of operations
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
• Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
• Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
• Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.