Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products at Microsoft to help advance Microsoft's AI Platform? Are you excited about being part of a product group working with Microsoft researchers, data scientists and AI engineering teams to ensure success as they move forward with cloud computing in Azure? If so, then look no further than the AI Platform team. AI Platform is responsible for the Azure Machine Learning (Azure ML) and Cognitive Services products.
Azure ML is building the machine learning development platform that makes it easy for all data scientists and AI developers to create and deploy robust and highly scalable ML and AI solutions in the cloud using the best of the open source ecosystem and innovation from inside the company along with the latest breakthroughs in research.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is dramatically transforming people's work and life now, and Cognitive Services bring AI within reach of every developer-without requiring machine-learning expertise. All it takes is an API call to embed the ability to see, hear, speak, search, understand, and accelerate decision-making into your apps.
We are hiring engineers who are passionate about building scalable, distributed, highly available, and secure cloud services for Microsoft AI Platform. We value creativity and a desire to learn new technologies, agility and accountability.
Join our team and help us build the best AI Platform for the world!
As a member of our team, you will participate in developing innovative solutions across AI Platform. Responsibilities include the following.
- Write concise and clean code with unit tests
- Build scalable, high-performance services that are highly reliable
- Design and implement new features as well as add functionality to existing systems
- Investigate pre-production and production issues, implement and deploy fixes
- Participate in an on-call rotation (typically 24/7 for one week every 6-8 weeks)
- Being enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a great collaborator
- Being passionate about making customers successful
Security Clearance Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 5 years of software development experience in C#, Java, Scala, C++, Go, Python or similar languages.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded programming, experience/inclination for architecting at scale
- Demonstrated technical design, problem solving, coding and debugging skills
- Experience with distributed systems design and implementation, especially microservices architecture, and Kubernetes, Linux, and related technologies is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.