With Azure Sentinel, Microsoft is redefining SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) for the cloud era. It leverages cutting-edge cloud technology, big data, machine learning and AI to empower Security Operations Centers to defend against increasingly sophisticated and rapidly evolving cyberthreats.
Azure Sentinel was selected as one of the 10 new hottest cybersecurity tools capturing the market's attention for allowing businesses to better assess, prioritize, detect, and respond to threats by automating repeatable processes and ensuring security teams are dealing with the most important alerts (CRN News).
Our team is growing, and we are looking for experienced and passionate software engineers to join us in our journey. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a world class team, building one of the most exciting security products in the cyber security space from the ground up.
We are now building our Threat Intelligence team. Our team is fun to work in and focused on impact and deliverables. You will love innovating and looking for creative ways of leveraging new technologies with us. We are looking for passionate engineers to continue to build our high scale security cloud service. We have a highly ambitious product and plans that are open to a plethora of opportunities and innovation.
As a member of our team you will be responsible for the creation and evolution of customer scenarios - you will start from definition and design and continue with development, quality and monitoring with a focus on customer value. You will do this by:
- Working with partner teams to evolve user scenarios and innovation into practical solutions that addresses real customer needs.
- Creating end to end architecture, design, and engineering plans for the scenarios.
- Engaging and owning full stack development, including both frontend and backend components and services.
- Testing and monitoring throughout the release phases.
- Focusing on customer satisfaction and having accountability for actual business results.
- Continuously improving fundamentals and innovating engineering systems and process the team is using.
- Celebrating successes with the team and maintaining a fun and rewarding working environment.
- 7+ years of commercial software development experience in at least one programming language (C++/C#/Java/Typescript)
- 1+ year/s developing and operating cloud services at scale
- Prior experience in building large scale online systems is a big plus.
- Good cross team, cross geolocation collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of security technologies is highly desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of data science and Machine Learning are a plus but not required.
- Full stack development experience.
- BSc degree or higher in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent technical education.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check - This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.