Microsoft holds itself to high standards ensuring that our customers' expectations are met. The role of the Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is to help the Microsoft Cloud Security group provide the high level of availability, performance, cost, and supportability that our customers should and do expect across their Azure cloud environments. You will be expected to confront real-world, large-scale challenges across some of the world's most complex cloud deployments. We are passionate about enabling customers and team members to deliver agile, reliable, high-performance solutions at scale.
We are looking for a team-player to help us optimize and protect the software and systems behind our internal and customer offerings keeping an ever-watchful eye on their reliability, latency, performance, and capacity.
- Deploy and maintain production infrastructure hosted on Azure
- Analyze complex system behavior, performance, and application issues
- Analyze and plan capacity for our cloud services
- Apply modern engineering practices to drive down operational overhead through automation and system design
- Promote security excellence across a broad set of internal and external customers
- Work closely with the service development team - offering education and guidance on integration, support, and monitoring across the toolset
- Serve as the Tier 3 escalation point for support responsible for troubleshooting, as well as mentoring and coaching others
- Live Site Management & on-call duties - play a crucial role in a global team driving huge-scale live-sites 24/7
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check & proof of US Citizenship: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- 3+ years of software development: automation-related experience particularly valued. Scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, etc. or object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java are most relevant, but others are acceptable.
- 2+ years of Software Engineering or equivalent and experience in testing, deploying, and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
- Ability to work as part of an on-call rotation and to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Knowledge of system design coupled with excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
- Deep understanding of complex, large scale online services (preferably Azure based)
- Working knowledge of databases as well as Big Data systems and analytics/SQL skills
- DBA experience a plus
- Experience with Build systems and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Azure DevOps (VSTS))
- Experience defining and measuring internal/customer facing SLAs
- Experience in SDLC, distributed systems, networking, logistics and operations
- Statistics experience and bias for measurement and driving action with metrics
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements as required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 558253596Posted: 2020-05-21