Microsoft Azure Storage is a highly distributed, massively scalable, and ubiquitously accessible cloud storage system. Azure storage already runs at Exascale (storing Exabytes of data) and we will scale our designs over the next decade to support Zettascale (storing Zettabytes of data). Within Azure Storage, the Ultra Disk team (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-the-general-availability-of-azure-ultra-disk-storage/) provides the next-generation block storage platform for the most demanding cloud storage workloads. If delivering the fastest available block storage platform in the cloud using cutting edge technology sounds interesting, we may have the job for you!
As a software engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of tools used to monitor and manage our service.
- Design and development of our next-generation test automation framework.
- Release validation and management.
- Live-site activities, including monitoring our service and responding to customer and internally generated incidents.
- 6 months experience with software development in C/C++, C#, or Java
- 6 months experience with scripting in PowerShell or Python
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices and a solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Strong testing, debugging and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing software for Windows (Win32, WPF, etc.)
- Experience with systems engineering, multi-threaded programming, and/or distributed systems.
- Experience in data storage, file systems, and/or networking.
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.