The Azure App Platform team is tasked with creating services and tools to make developers successful building, deploying, and managing cloud applications on Azure. Microsoft engineers are part of that developer audience. First party teams at Microsoft build out some of the most complex and demanding workloads that run on Azure.
We are seeking an experienced program manager to join the team building the core microservices platform that is powers many essential first party workloads, such as SQL Azure, Intune, Event Hub, Azure Stack, and Azure itself. Service Fabric's differentiated capabilities around statefulness, HA, scale, and integrated platform features such as service discovery, rolling health-checked upgrades, and cluster resource optimization enable teams to successfully build and maintain differentiated services on top, allowing them to focus on their value add, while we focus on getting the underlying platform and infrastructure right. As a program manager on the team, you will be responsible for the full product lifecycle, including product vision, strategy, feature development, customer onboarding, and addressing feedback. These tasks ultimately accumulate to the success of Microsoft's full commercial cloud.
In this role, you will work across Azure product teams, with first party internal partners, with third party customers, and with marketing, business, and PR roles, to deliver an industry-leading platform for customers.
- Define and communicate the vision and strategy for Azure compute at massive scale.
- Engage with customers to understand their scenarios, pain points, and product feedback to be the "voice of the customer" within product engineering team. Strong focus on very large first party workloads.
- Partner with engineering to design and ship features in the core Service Fabric runtime to enable new or improve existing customer scenarios.
- Define and measure business impact.
- Maintain expertise on competing and alternative cloud platform offerings for building cloud applications.
- Develop sample code, answer technical questions, and perform customer design reviews.
- 6+ years of program management (or relevant) experience, focused on building and operating large-scale distributed systems OR distributed programming models.
- 3+ years' experience driving complex cross-organizational projects.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills, analytical thinking and decision making, customer focus/empathy, and business/strategic acumen.
- Familiarity with Azure cloud platform, cloud computing, and Linux-based solutions.
- Familiarity with distributed algorithms and systems
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud bacAbility to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.kground check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.