Do you want to be part of the team building the next generation of gaming technologies for Microsoft? Are you passionate about gaming subscriptions and helping Microsoft reach the more than 2B+ gamers on the planet with our gaming services?
The Xbox Gaming Subscription Business Planning team (which is home to Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold) is responsible for driving more subscribers, engagement and monetization to the Xbox ecosystem and platform. We are seeking a Senior Business Planner who will play a key role in developing our long-term strategy and identifying opportunities to reach the world's 2B+ gamers with Xbox product offerings by looking at new distribution platforms, This person is an innovative, creative, strategic thinker, who is passionate about the growth of Gaming, expanding to new audiences and enabling people to play any game anywhere on any device.
This role provides an incredible chance to build general management acumen, develop end-to-end business leadership skills and drive a significant impact on a marquee service in a fast-changing category. It also is a great opportunity for someone who loves a fast-paced, ambiguous environment where every day offers a range of new challenges. The ideal person enjoys solving complex problems, developing decision frameworks, thinking about the future, coalescing insights & research into a perspective, and working effectively with cross-functional teams in an environment that is constantly evolving. A clear track record of quantitative and qualitative skills and critical thinking experience is needed.
This role is a highly visible position where you'll need to become a strategic partner and trusted advisor with senior Microsoft leaders across a wide variety of disciplines. You will be responsible for leading multiple projects across a variety of areas: developing strategy proposals, monitoring market trends, evaluating market opportunity analyses, constructing decision frameworks, and developing insights and recommendations. Additionally, this role requires an ability to build internal relationships and collaborate with cross-discipline teams. Above all, you'll need to have a strong desire to help drive change and growth in a rapidly evolving industry.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify, prioritize and execute on growth opportunities, including new features, products, markets and audiences
- Ability to influence the prioritization of key product, marketing and content investments
- Lead cross-org execution of key strategic bets for off-console growth
- Peer mentorship and help develop a strong collaborative and creative tam that enjoys challenging the status quo with unique solutions
- Proven experience building frameworks and using a hypothesis-driven strategic approach, informed by quantitative and qualitative insights, and primary / secondary market research
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background.
- 5+ years in a business management, management consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate strategy, marketing, finance or product planning experience in technology sectors.
- Proven experience leading large investments from ideation to successful execution
- Previous financial modeling experience - market sizing and opportunity assessment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills, including a track record of leading discussions with senior leaders to actionable decisions
- A willingness to challenge the status quo & drive creative and unique solutions
- A sense of humor and comfort with working in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment with rapidly changing requirements
- A deep passion for learning about entertainment/gaming
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.