In Teams, we are reinventing the way people communicate and work together across the globe. We are seeking a leader passionate in user experience and skilled in fast paced execution to deliver our vision for reinventing meetings and meeting culture to be more effective, inclusive, and fun, through new experiences, technologies, and intelligence. You are someone who
- has strong conviction and empathy for customer needs
- has the insight to discern what customers aren't saying to uncover underlying needs
- creatively applies technology and artificial intelligence to solve complex problems
- thrives in a bit of chaos then creates the process needed to execute smoothly at scale.
- drives impactful change through metrics and data.
- can inspire teams across the company to work together towards common goals.
Ultimately, the meetings PM will be responsible for providing the product leadership to deliver best-in-class Teams meetings product that leverages the Microsoft ecosystem to bring unique value to customers and the business.
Our culture is inclusive, customer-driven, and very high energy; our PMs and Engineers come from diverse backgrounds, are passionate and loyal to coworkers and our products, and grounded in our customer and business needs. Our team has a strong sense of craftsmanship and accountability and provides its members many opportunities for learning and career growth.Primary duties:
- Lead and motivate high performing teams of designers, researchers, engineers, and partners to ensure successful execution of scope, schedule, and cost.
- Develop feature roadmap that balances business, experience, and technical.
- Sketch out feature flows and UI wireframes and document detailed product requirements and functional specifications.
- Produce collateral for our field and the press to use to bolster our claims that Teams Meeting and Calling experiences provide the best audiovisual quality.
- Represent the product to customers, partners, and internally.
- Ability to travel to Prague, Czech Republic or Bangalore, India periodically.
- Strong desire to succeed and motivate others through inspirational leadership and data.
- Demonstrates strong feature PM skills.
- Thinks holistically and can apply diverse problem-solving approaches.
- Ability to consider upstream and downstream process impacts and implications.
- Ability to establish and manage priorities in a high pace environment.
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising experience and quality.
- Detail oriented, methodical, and thorough.
- Versatility and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to do public speaking in a wide variety of venues .
- Ability to work with executives internally and from some of the largest companies in the world.
- Ensure appropriate and effective communication flow among internal and external stakeholders.
Experience and education required:
- Bachelor's Degree along with degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Human Factors.
- 5+ years of experience shipping software technology products and services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.