We are currently looking for a Senior Security engineer to join our team. The Product Release and Security Services (PRSS) team is responsible for the services that provide signing, malware scanning and certificate management and release for Microsoft products and services. The impact that our engineers have is realized in virtually every product release at Microsoft. The PRSS Infrastructure Team (network, security, storage, and compute) is continually designing, automating, implementing and improving the security and reliability of our next generation of infrastructure and software services. We currently manage multiple purpose-built state of the art facilities and thousands of devices (Enterprise Scale).
- Design, implementation and operation of core Security architectures and infrastructure services supporting thousands of devices in multiple locations.
- Establish and drive standards across environments that enable simplification and consistency while improving security, reliability and performance.
- Capture, analyze and respond to infrastructure operational and security telemetry/system data.
- Automate manual and repetitive operations via scripting language and system self-recovery functionality.
- Automate defined processes to eliminate human error and increase availability and standards.
- Provide effective technical leadership to others engineers in service related forums.
- Partner with network, security, storage and compute peers to design highly secure and reliable solutions.
- Design simple processes for running and securing our infrastructure.
- Drive service design and service maturity in collaboration with engineering and operations.
- Drive security telemetry, monitoring, and alerting maturity.
- Ensure solutions and infrastructure get and stay compliant.
- Create content and communicate complex infrastructure concepts to different audiences up to executive level.
- Define and participate in DevOps activities such as sprint planning, daily standups, incident mitigation and post incident root cause analysis.
- Livesite Incident Support: Participate in an on-call rotation and engage and help to mitigate and resolve critical business service disruption Incidents, complete post incident reviews, root cause analysis and reviews. Follow up and complete repair items to prevent repeat incidents.
- 5+ years of experience understanding logical security at the enterprise with experience implementing and managing security controls to protect, detect and respond to security events
- 5+ years of experience supporting large scale infrastructure environments with thousands of devices
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing Active Directory and DNS
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing AD Certificate Services in multi-tier architectures
- 5+ years of experience with designing and implementing ADFS
- Advanced experience with IPSEC
- Experience with Device Guard/AppLocker
- Ability to adhere to strict change control procedures
- Expert level knowledge in.) support of mission critical infrastructure (OS, network, storage, compute, virtualization)
- Advanced level designing, deploying and running large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in enterprise automation using PowerShell, C#, or equivalent
- Ability to take projects from beginning to end with little direct supervision
- Work effectively across teams to drive business, security and technology decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to assemble, document, and present technical information to a variety of audiences Familiarity and experience with several of the following technologies: Windows Event Forwarders, SQL, C#/Java, REST, JSON, XML, Powershell, Windows Server, Azure
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences - or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years of experience developing and working with Active Directory and advanced security solutions
- Experience with and/or exposure to Penetration Testing methodologies
- Industry certifications in areas of Security and Cloud Computing
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 558253634Posted: 2020-05-21