If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Accounting Supervisor within our Optum Care Services HouseCalls group, you will be responsible for the oversight of the preparation and review of financial statements and the monthly close process. This includes early estimate reporting, variance explanations, and P&L summaries presented to upper level management. After the financial close is completed, oversees HouseCalls reporting to internal and external customers. Primary Responsibilities:
- Works with Finance, Business Operations, and Data teams on various financial reporting and analytic requirements
- Assist with business implementation team on key finance related requirements and deliverables
- Coordinates, supervises, and accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit. Currently one direct report
- Working extensively with large excel files and data along with working jointly with FP&A and UHC intersegment teams
- Prepares documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Is the point of contact for the business accounting team
- Impact of work is most often at the team level
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Supervisory experience
- Public accounting experience
- Normal month end close responsibilities, primarily internal reporting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: CPA, corporate accounting, audit, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota
Posting ID: 558253658Posted: 2020-05-21