Position Description Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Patient Access Registration Department at Dignity Health's Glendale Memorial Hospital. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, accurate demographics, insurance authorization, notification and verification of insurance e - benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance collecting co - payments, patient liabilities, compliance with HIPAA, and entering all necessary information into the hospital computer system.
As a Patient Registration Representative (Per Diem) -
we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
This position is per diem (4:00pm - 2:30am, 6:00pm - 4:30am & 8:00pm - 6:30am) as needed. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional weekends. Our office is located at 1420 South Central Ave. in Glendale, CA 91204 Primary Responsibilities:
- Maintains up - to - date knowledge of specific registration requirements for all areas, including but limited to: Main Admitting, OP Registration, ED Registration, Maternity, and Rehabilitation units
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry of demographic information into the ADT system at the time of registration
- Properly identifies the patient to ensure medical record numbers are not duplicated
- Responsible for reviewing assigned accounts to ensure accuracy and required documentation is obtained and complete
- Meets CMS billing requirements for the completion of the MSP, issuance of the Important Message from Medicare, issuance of the Observation Notice, and other requirements, as applicable and documenting completion within the hospital's information system for regulatory compliance and audit purposes
- Collects and enters required data into the ADT system with emphasis on accuracy of demographic and financial information in order to ensure appropriate reimbursement
- Carefully reviews all information entered in ADT on pre - registered accounts. Verifies all information with patient at time of registration; corrects any errors identified
- Identifies all forms requiring patient/guarantor signature and obtains signatures
- Ensures all required documents are scanned into the appropriate system(s)
- Identifies all appropriate printed material hand-outs for the patient and provides them to the patient / guarantor (Patient Rights and Responsibilities, HIPAA Privacy Act notification, Advance Directive, etc.)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working in a hospital Patient Registration department, physician office setting, healthcare insurance company, revenue cycle vendor, and/or other revenue cycle related roles
- Must be able to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, create and edit Word and Excel documents and conduct data entry
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures and patient care settings
- Comfortable working a 10 hour Per Diem Overnights (On Call) during these shift (4PM - 2:30AM, 6PM - 4:30AM, 8PM - 6:30AM)
- Available to work on call, as needed, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule and work within the 24 / 7 operating hours of the site including overnights and weekends
Careers with OptumInsight.
- Understanding of medical terminology
Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group
is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group
is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Patient Registration, Admitting, Front Office, insurance, hospital, patient billing, physician office, pre - registration, registrar, customer service, office