If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Data Architect is a leadership role inside of United Health's Research and Development group. You will be responsible for growing a team capable of delivering exemplary data models to support internal and external products. You are also expected to work alongside your team, we are all "player-coaches" at UHG R&D.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Hire and develop a distributed data architecture team
- Create data architecture standards and processes
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build data models that support new products
- Own the entire data architecture process, from business rules to successful implementation
- Mentor junior resources to develop their architecture skills
- Ensure data security implementations meet company requirements
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Database Management, Information Systems or similar
- 2+ years of experience leading a data architecture team
- 3+ years of experience using cloud database technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 5+ years of experience in building data models to support various types of solutions
Careers at UnitedHealth Group.
- Familiarity with health care data
- Experience using SQL Server in Azure
- Familiarity with a scripting language (Python etc.)
- Comfortable with group communication and working with diverse areas of expertise
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Architect, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home
Posting ID: 558253721Posted: 2020-05-21