Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The IT Project Manager is responsible for managing small thru large IT projects and other smaller work efforts ensuring scope is delivered according to deadlines, budget, and quality standards. This position uses expertise and leadership skills to direct project team and ensure project goals, requirements, other deliverables, and delivery deadlines are met. The IT Project Manager develops project plans, builds project schedules, manages project meetings, communicates progress and status, enforces quality management, and identifies, responds, and manages risks, issues, and changes and manages all information technology project activities and ensures all project phases are documented appropriately. Primary Responsibilities:
- Creates and executes project plans and revises appropriately to meet changing requirements and needs. Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using the appropriate tools. Manages day-to-day operational and tactical activities of a project. Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations. Diagnoses task / procedural change issues and helps to resolve the problem
- Ensures that project documents are current and complete, as well as appropriately managed and stored. Assures that project legal documents are completed and signed. Conducts project post mortems and creates Lessons Learned reports to identify project elements that were both successful and unsuccessful. Manages the budgeting and invoice reconciliation processes for all IT projects
- Determines the content of status reports and frequency of delivery; analyzes results of the progress reports and troubleshoot problem areas. Defines project success criteria, communicating that throughout the Project Team. Reviews deliverables prepared by the Project Team
- Understands how to communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully. Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors. Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies any potential crisis or issues and devises contingency plans to mitigate concerns
- Effectively applies the company's Project Management and Software Development Lifecycles methodology and enforces project standards. Minimizes exposure and risk on a project. Ensures timely completion of project level tasks. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities. Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the Project Team
- Facilitates team meetings effectively. Holds regular status meetings with the Project Team. Keeps Project Team informed of changes within the project. Delivers informative and well-organized presentations to the Project Team and management
- Provides expertise and leadership skills to direct project team and ensure project and organization's goals, philosophies, and objectives are optimally supported by information technology
- You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience leading technical projects
- Infrastructure Delivery experience
- Data integrations/data analytics delivery experience
- Software delivery and integration experience
- Ability to work in San Antonio office
Careers with WellMed.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including tools and techniques (formal project planning, risk / issue management, governance, cost / benefit analysis, project change controls, etc.)
- PMP / PMI
- Ability to facilitate working sessions with large, cross-functional teams (business, technical)
- Ability to present to and manage communication with business / IT executive leadership
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio
- Basic understanding of at least one of the following key areas of the healthcare business including Payer, Claims, Clinical Care, and Health Care Economics
- Working understanding of system development lifecycles such as waterfall and agile
- Knowledge of infrastructure technology: virtual hosts / servers, database management systems, mass storage solutions or cloud solutions
Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)WellMed
was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: IT Project Manager, San Antonio, TX, Texas