Position Description Opportunities with New West Physicians.
Bring your passion for health care to New West Physicians in Colorado, a team committed to providing excellent service to every patient... every time. We're not only one of the largest physician groups in Colorado with 21 offices throughout the Denver Metro area - we're also part of Optum, a nationwide family of nearly 45,000 dedicated physicians working together to help people live their healthiest lives. That means we're backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. For four consecutive years, New West Physicians achieved Elite status - the highest ranking - in the America's Physician Groups Standards of Excellence Survey. In addition, New West Physicians was selected as one of the 2017 Million Hearts Hypertension Control Champions by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and was the 2015 recipient of AMGA's National Acclaim Award recognizing high performing medical groups bringing the American health care system closer to the ideal delivery model: one that's safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable. It's all possible because of our highly qualified, board-certified family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, psychiatrists, endocrinologists, neurologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners - and more. If this sounds like the place for you, it's time to take a closer look at New West Physicians and discover a path to your life's best work.(sm)
greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant and helpful manner, as well as instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. The receptionist receives cash payments from patients, issues receipts and posts cash payment data. We have openings for this position in Highland Ranch, Denver West and Arapahoe.Primary Responsibilities:
- Assist in answering incoming phone calls in a prompt and professional manner. Return calls as appropriate. Connect and disconnect answering service, and follow up on messages received from answering service. Assist in taking phone messages in a concise and complete manner. Ensure phone calls will not be left on hold for excessive periods of time
- Assist "unscheduled" emergencies to the point that medically trained personnel may take over
- Greet and check in patients in a courteous and friendly manner, verify and update necessary information in the medical record. Check patient's balances and account status. Refer to patient representative as needed
- Assist patients with ambulatory difficulties
- Verify all demographic and financial information on established patients. Obtain and receive information necessary for the preparation of a new patient record
- Enter patient data in the computer, and scan the insurance card and driver's license in Allscripts
- Receive payments from patients and issue receipts including reconciling daily cash and cash drawer
- Schedule appointments and verify prior to the scheduled time. Print schedule for physicians and other staff members one day in advance or more as requested
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ yrs. customer service experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to handle cash and to count money at high volumes including mathematical computations
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience handling high volume of telephone calls and a multi-system phone line
2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: coordinator, patient care, customer service, Denver, CO, Colorado