Provides clinical nursing in the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC). Provides for the efficient functioning of the ASC and for personal and staff development. Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with patients and other users of the ASC.
- Oversees the clinical practice of nursing in the ASC including assessing patient care needs and planning the delivery of care utilizing the nursing process in a variety of settings.
- Directs other caregivers in providing patient care.
- Assumes charge responsibilities and resolves problems.
- Reports variances from standard practice to the Nurse Manager.
- Develops educational material and provides health education to patients and families.
- Processes patients through the ASC.
- Assesses the level of personnel skills and the availability of resources to meet established patient outcomes.
- Actively participates in attaining ASC goals and mission.
- Monitors and evaluates cost effective practices within the ASC.
- Participates in the development and utilization of quality monitoring programs within the ASC.
- Responsible for personal and staff development by maintaining nursing competencies.
- Completes all mandatory nursing competencies and educational requirements within a defined time frame.
- Participates in the preparation of staff development programs. Identifies self-learning needs, establishes personal and professional goals to meet those needs and evaluates attainment of set goals.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
- Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the workplace.
- Interacts with patients, visitors and staff in a courteous, helpful manner.
- Demonstrates respect for the cultural and social differences that exist among people.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patient, families and staff members.
- Resolves conflict in a positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
Complexity of Work:
- Current state license as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) complete ACLS training successfully within 6 months of hire.
- If performing moderate/procedural sedation must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- For those caring for pediatric population, completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with patients and other users of the ASC.
- One year of clinical experience as a RN in a perioperative or critical care setting.
- Three years Surgical Technician experience may substitute for the one year clinical RN experience.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 558253767Posted: 2020-05-21