Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm
As a Sr. Manager of Product and Service Design you help to drive design within our direct to consumer business. You will plan and execute discovery research, frame consumer insights, new business opportunities and viable product strategies. You will create, test and refine product and service design concepts, you will facilitate design sprints with internal teams and external agency partners.
In this role, you will apply your passion for people, leadership, and user-centered design to guide research and design processes, mentor team members, and collaborate with leaders of UX, product, marketing and operations teams to create innovative omni-channel consumer experiences.
The Experience Design team is at the forefront of how Optum creates intuitive and innovative products and services that provide meaningful value to the people we serve. We strive to learn and understand our consumers's needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our team is passionate about simple, smart and seamless consumer experiences and bridging design and business thinking to drive behavior change.
We work collaborativly to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our organizations' unique capabilities. Our work touches millions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Optum's philosophy: "Making the health system work better for everyone". For those who need care, provide care and pay for care, we deliver integrated, intelligent solutions designed to modernize the health system and improve the health of individuals and entire populations. Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead meaningful and more comprehensive design initiatives
- Plan and execute primary and secondary design research. Advocate research findings and design strategy to diverse audiences through written reports and verbal presentations.
- Work closely with product owners, UX, and developers to envision new product and service design opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Inform and influence executive decision-making through executive-level workshops and deliverables.
- Mentor other team members and champion the value of design within the organization. Foster Optum's culture and principles, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years of work experience in an applied design setting, ideally with focus on product & service design.
- Ability to lead projects across the different stages of the design process and deliver high-quality project outcomes.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Microsoft Office and Mac OSX
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate insights, ideas, strategy and design concepts - verbally and visually.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams and effective interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Careers with Optum.
- BA/BS degree in Service Design, Design Management, Design Planning or related innovation, business or social science field.
- Masters degree
- Experience integrating design research and strategy into actionable product and service design concepts.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research, design prototyping/testing methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Ability to communicate complex product & service design concepts clearly and persuasively, across different audiences and varying levels.
- Strong design workshop facilitation skills.
- Healthcare related work experience and basic understanding of key players in the healthcare industry.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach.
- Experience managing or leading design teams.
- Track record of driving change in a large, complex matrixed environment.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.Job Keywords:
Adobe Creative, Sketch, Mac OSX, Service design, UX, research product, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota