Position Description Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently recruiting for an Employee Relations Analyst to join our team in our Minnetonka offices.
The Employee Relations Analyst will provide day-to-day support to managers and Human Capital on a variety of employee relations issues. In addition to handling basic ER issues regarding attendance, performance and policy interpretation, this position will staff the Tier 2 ER phone queue 6 hours per day, doing intake of cases for managing or escalation to Senior ER Analysts and Case Managers. Primary Responsibilities:
- Effectively and efficiently handle 6 hours per day of incoming calls from Human Capital, Managers, and 'One Breath' cases
- Complete intake for all Employee Relations case types to either manage / escalate appropriately to Sr. Employee Relations Analysts and ER Case Managers
- Manage own caseload, providing coaching and consultation to managers on issues involving non-exempt employees, including basic attendance, performance, corrective action, and policy interpretation cases
- Intake, manage and/or appropriately escalate emergency 'One Breath' issues
- Other project work as it applies, i.e. severance documents, etc.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 1+ years of experience in employee relations, human resources and/or within HRdirect Service Center
- History of consulting and able to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication / documentation skills
- Intermediate experience with Excel and Word
Careers at UnitedHealthcare.
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment law; working knowledge in ADA, FLSA, EEO
- PeopleSoft or other case management database experience
- Problem solving and negotiating skills
- Independent, analytical decision-making based on knowledge and thorough interpretation of policy / practice
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently while working within guidelines and established protocols
- Accurate and timely analysis of a variety of data to meet deadlines and commitments
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Employee Relations Analyst, HR Generalist, ER, Employee Relations Specialist, ER Specialist, Employment Specialist, employee relations, ER, HR Analyst, HR analysis, HR Generalist, HR Analyst, HR Analysis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota