Position Description As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Associate Director of Formulary Strategy will report into the VP of Formulary and Trend and support the Government Programs Pharmacy team in the development of formulary strategy to support United's Individual Marketplace and Medicaid lines of business. This role will partner with the plan's Product and Finance teams to design formularies that align with applicable state requirements and corresponding product strategies. Additionally, the Associate Directory of Formulary Strategy will represent the plan in the engagement with our Pharmacy Benefits Manager related to corresponding formulary decisions. While this role will not include the management of any direct reports, this position will represent the Government Programs Pharmacy Organization, working across the enterprise and leading through influence. Primary Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Product, Industry Relations and Actuarial teams to establish core clinical strategy for the pharmacy benefit which will guide the development of the formulary/PDL
- Understand state benchmarks and competitor formulary positioning to design a drug list that meets core clinical requirements, aligns with product strategy
- Work with the Industry Relations team at OptumRx to develop unit cost management strategies, resulting in a set of PDLs that support the IEX business and Managed Medicaid business
- Assist in the development of, and manage the clinical governance model for the IEX business, including the facilitation of the IEX formulary management committee and Medicaid formulary committee
- Coordinate with Operations and the PBM to implement market specific formularies and clinical programs, often required by the state regulator
- Support the development of IEX and Medicaid market specific clinical pharmacy policies in support of prior authorization, utilization management and formulary communications
- Oversee ongoing formulary filings as required by state regulators and external marketplace tools to support growth
- Foster positive working relationships with key business functions across the Medicare and Medicaid organizations, including but not limited to: Clinical Operations, Pharmacy Operations, Finance and Marketing.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Registered pharmacist with license in good standing within a US State or Territory
- At least 5 years of Managed Care experience
- At least 3 years of formulary management experience specific to the Individual Exchange Marketplace, inclusive of the implementation of changes requiring stakeholder notification and transition planning
- Prior experience managing and overseeing delegated activities
- Prior experience leading clinical preparedness for new client installation or new benefit implementation
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
- Effective influencing skills to successfully manage and lead in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
- Skilled communicator with ability to adapt written and verbal communication to needs of the audience
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharmacist, managed care, formulary management, transition planning, benefit implementation, Medicaid, operations
Posting ID: 558253793Posted: 2020-05-21