**POSITION IS ON AN ACUTE PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL UNIT, HOSPITAL OR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH EXPERIENCE HIGHLY PREFERRED**
The Division Clerk is responsible for clerical, receptionist, communication, office supply procurement duties, tasks and related services under the direction and supervision of professional nursing staff. Also, performs other duties that support the efficient functioning of the unit. Responsibilities:
- Accurately transcribes and processes all orders. Advises RN of orders that require immediate attention.
- Prepares, maintains, and processes all charts.
- Refers specific questions to appropriate health care professional.
- Compiles statistics; processes memos, schedules patients diagnostics/appointments.
- Files/records mail.
- Follows appropriate nursing services and hospital policies and procedures related to admissions, transfers, discharges, and expirations.
- Handles all communications between nursing unit, physicians, and departments with accuracy, courtesy and confidentiality.
- Completes errands in an efficient manner.
- Inventories, orders and stores supplies as directed.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Navigates facility computer systems (ADTR, computer order entry proficiency, charge entry, computerized medical records).
- Provides efficient and effective use of telecommunication and information technology systems.
- NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certifications: Complexity of Work:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the work place.
- Interacts with patient, visitors and all personnel in a courteous, helpful manner, and resolves conflict in a constructive manner.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patients, families and co-workers.
- Demonstrates respect for individual cultural and social differences.
- Requires ability to work independently, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong customer service and team orientation.
- Ability to establish and maintain friendly and cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet multiple demands. Flexibility in daily actions and duties.
- Basic office equipment and computer skills required.
- Previous health care experience preferred.
- Medical Assisting course/experience preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires full range of body motion, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires extensive sitting.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal ranges.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and or body fluid.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 558253796Posted: 2020-05-21