Position Description The Demand & Portfolio Director leads the team responsible for business request intake of capital and IT projects that support business initiatives and processing them through the IT project planning and approval governance process, including the capital planning and reforecasting cycles that occur on an annual basis. Leading a team of business/project analysts, demand managers, and portfolio managers, this position serves as a liaison between business and IT leaders/delivery teams to understand business needs, determine the impacted technology applications & systems, size the scope of work required to deliver technology solutions, and assess the capacity of the delivery teams to accept the work into their delivery pipelines against the annual capital portfolio/plan. The position will take the lead in identifying conflicting demands between capital portfolios, delivery programs and projects, and allocated resources based on organizational priorities and capacity. The position requires a high level, but functional, understanding of the organization from a business and IT perspective. The position will lead and/or facilitate steering committees, review boards, or other cross-company planning activities. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manages a business analyst and demand management staff to ensure incoming project requests are endorsed by program leaders, qualified by IT leaders and authorized by executive governance board
- Manages a staff of portfolio managers to work with business leaders on their annual strategies, capital plans, and tracking of financial actuals against the plan. Ensure the annual capital planning and forecasting cycles are completed accurately and timing in partnership with the business teams
- Works with senior leadership and project sponsor(s) to prioritize and plan the scheduling of IT projects and related use of capital
- Through a team of analysts, works with management, senior leadership and project sponsor(s) to align project scope and size of work effort. Responsible for providing knowledge transfer and project management support during project scope phase
- Facilitates Executive Review Boards (local level) with key stakeholders to review and approve project request based on the business' documented value and technology work effort sizing against the portfolio of authorized work efforts
- Provides expertise and leadership skills to direct demand intake team and ensure organization's goals, philosophies, and objectives are optimally supported by information technology.
- Collaborates with program/project stakeholders to ensure alignment and prioritization of requests
- Ensures that project request/intake documents are current and complete, as well as appropriately managed and stored. Conducts request discovery session as needed to align and prioritize approved portfolios and new requests. Assists in the transition from demand to project delivery
- Develops, mentors, and ensures Demand Business Analysts, Demand Managers, and Portfolio Managers are executing to the standard defined processes.
- Communicates difficult and sensitive information tactfully. Effectively communicates relevant request and priority decisions. Proactively identifies any potential crisis or issues and scope conflicts across the business or portfolio pf projects
- Directs the initiatives that enhance WellMed's ability to achieve its business vision, focus on developing and improving relationships with members, and enhance operational processes and technologies
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field required. (10 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree)
- 8+ years of project management experience leading technical projects, through the entire system development life cycle
- 10 years direct supervisory experience of personnel, ability to mentor, coach and develop team members
- Proven ability to successfully conceptualize an initiative, prioritize within a portfolio and integrate into long range planning
- Proficiency with developing business requirements and performing business analysis
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of executive management and individual team members
- Understanding of financial and operational reporting processes associated with capital management
- Effectively operate through complex organizational situations with ability to anticipate obstacles and plan appropriate approach
- Implement and manage change in an ever changing, high growth, and complex business environment
- Strong communication and facilitation skills to manage technology work intake processes, governance meetings, business planning and process improvement efforts
- Must be able to work in San Antonio office
Careers with WellMed.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Project and MS Visio
- Experience with Service Now
- Proficiency with various system development lifecycles such as waterfall, RUP, and Agile methods
- Familiar with process engineering methodologies
- Knowledge of Client-Server Technologies and Network Operating Systems, Network architecture, configuration, and protocols.; Network Communications technology- TCP/IP, DNS, and Internet concepts
- Certification and/or training in a nationally recognized Change Management Methodology
Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)WellMed
was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Demand, Portfolio, Director, San Antonio, TX, Texas