We're making a strong connection between exceptional patient care and outstanding career opportunities. The result is a culture of performance that's driving the health care industry forward.
As a Telephone Case Manager RN
with UnitedHealth Group, you'll support a diverse member population with education, advocacy and connections to the resources they need to feel better and get well. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Apply today! ***This is a telecommute position that does require an active RN license from the state of Washington.***Primary Responsibilities:
- Make outbound calls and virtual visits to assess patients' current health status
- Triage patients based on reported systems, provide patient education, and collaborate with primary care provider
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management of chronic conditions such as COPD, CHF, and Diabetes
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Support patients with condition education, medication reviews and collaborate with primary care providers
This is high volume, customer service environment. You'll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. Strong computer and software navigation skills are critical. You should also be strongly patient-focused and adaptable to changes.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. *** Must have flexibility to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 8am-8pm Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday*** Required Qualifications:
- Active and unrestricted RN license from the state of Washington
- 3+ years of experience in a hospital, acute care, medical office or direct care setting
- Must be able to type and have the ability to navigate a Windows based environment
- Access to High Speed Internet
Careers with Optum.
- Experience with individuals with CHF, COPD, and Diabetes
- A background in managed care
- Case management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience or exposure to discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review or risk management
- Previous experience in a telephonic role
- Previous experience with telehealth tools
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy. Diversity creates a halthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, case manager, case management, care coordinator, CCM, managed care, telephonic, Seattle, Washington, WA, cardiac, heart failure, critical care, home health, diabetes, CHF, COPD