Technician I, ProductionReq #:
JR - 019248Location:
Local Job CodesDate Posted:
5/14/2020 11:19:58 AM
Baxter International Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter isAt the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives. Position: Technician I, Production FillsideShift:6th (6:30pm-6:30am)Position Summary
The Fill/Pouch Production Technician I is a Salaried Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by supplying, operating and maintaining various equipment in the Filling area. Equipment involved is as follows:
Manual Filling Machines
Emplex Sealing Machines
Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)
Additional tasks will include the performance and documentation of all quality checks for responsible equipment as well as inspection of product at times. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate, monitor and make adjustments as necessary to Filling Equipment using controls on an electrical control panel (HMI) or by way of manual adjustments
- Load and replenish production supplies (i.e. Enhanced Closures, Frangibles, Lures, Barcode & Hot Stamp Foil, Bags from Kiefel, Overpouch, and Sterilizer Trucks) at a rate consistent with production needs
- Perform minor routine and preventative maintenance such as alignment adjustments, replacement of machine parts or belts, cleaning and lubrication while supporting Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Ensures area is set-up with the proper materials per the BOM and other documents
- Ensures area is staffed to meet output requirements and communicates staffing overages or shortages to the shift Supervisor and/or Assistant Supervisor
- Perform scheduled quality checks, disposition product, identify any deviations that may occur and take the appropriate action to include stopping production on the machine if necessary
- Inspect finished product to ensure quality standards are being met
- Execute Batch/Code changes as well as sublots when assigned
- Execute tank changes as required
- Document required information on manufacturing logs and/or POMS system
- Investigate, identify and correct or escalate any inefficiency in the machine's performance
- Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Performs all required documentation in the area assigned
- Assists in Leaker Analysis Evaluation Program if required
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles including maintaining and securing provided tools
- Supports Safety, 6S, GMP, and TPM efforts in the area and reports any of these or quality issues to Supervision as needed.
- Work with the Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor to coordinate training requirements for line staff
- Will be required to train new PTI's on responsible processes
- Fill Side - In a Class I Controlled Environment which includes the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses or goggles, safety shoes, ear plugs, hairnet, beard cover, jumpsuit, hood, clean room mask, Rubber Boot shoe covers and gloves. Additional PPE required when cleaning.
- Pouch Side - In a CNC (Controlled Not Classified) Environment which includes safety glasses or goggles, safety shoes, ear plugs, hairnet, and beard cover. Additional PPE required when cleaning.
- Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise
- Environment consisting of High Humidity
- Involves working around equipment and powerful machinery
- Requires regular work with chemical cleaners and disinfectants
- Safety shoes required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Proficient in how to use a calculator and measurement tools as well as basic hand tools.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Production Technician or manufacturing experience with duties including preventative maintenance, machine troubleshooting, etc.
Physical requirements include lifting and carrying 5-10 lbs., an average of 50 ft., approximately 20 times per shift; lifting and carrying 11-25 lbs., an average of 20 ft., approximately 10 times per shift; lifting and carrying 26-50 lbs., an average of 5 ft., approximately 8 times per shift. Normal reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, manual dexterity and visual acuity required.
Must be able to squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required
*Due to the nature of this position, the ability to work most holidays, some weekends and plant shut down periods is required. Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.