DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility will be to oversee and implement the Employee Training Qualification Program for Operations employees. This includes training and validation of trainees with respect to their performance against established training objectives and recommendation of additional skill requirements as needed.
- Develop OJT training programs and participate on teams developing training plans and OJT programs.
- Assist in developing Work Instructions, checklists, and visual aids.
- Conduct new employee orientation, OJT/classroom training and certification. Follow up on a regular, planned schedule to answer questions and verify proficiency.
- Conduct cross training and annual re-qualification as required by the Training Qualification Program. Support employees who have questions or need additional assistance in understanding their job responsibilities.
- Maintain files of training materials. Maintain organized log(s) of all training conducted.
- During non-training or non-production periods, the OJT trainer may be called upon to perform in other capacities such as: working on problem solving, continuous improvement or safety programs/training; cross training of operators; assist with training programs in other departments; check for correct procedure and accuracy; and assist in general housekeeping activities.
- Periodic attendance of training seminars, of which some will require out of town or overnight arrangements.
- Perform all training in full compliance with all company, state and/or federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Notify designated personnel of any irregularities in materials, process, or equipment.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and updating of required written safety and health programs and plans. These may include, as needed: Hazard Communication Program, Exposure Control Program (Bloodborne Pathogens), Hazard Assessment and Personal Protective Equipment Program (PPE), Respiratory Protection Program, Chemical Safety, Hazard Communication Program, Lockout/Tagout (LOTO), Confined Space Entry Program, Emergency Action Plan.
- Ensure monthly safety and other compliance trainings and all other specifically required training is provided for all employees.
- Designated 1st shift, with additional hours as needed. Ability to work on any shift as needed to meet internal customer training needs.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting ID: 558253886Posted: 2020-05-21