Jacobs is seeking a Network Installer in Reston, VA. Duties will include:
- Will be involved in all facets of network, video, desktop, and telephony installations, which includes the physical placement of conduit, CAT5 and fiber optic cable, wall jacks, hardware, racks and communications equipment as required
- Also includes but is not limited to: surveys, installing other conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installing and configuring equipment, power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc., testing and documenting installations, dressing and labeling cables, racks, patch panels, etc.
- Provides weekly status reports
- Other duties as assigned
#buzz Qualifications :
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Requires a minimum of six full years of experience specific to the skill and must be reflected
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Must pay attention to detail and remain alert at all times
- Prior experience with Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, Network Switches, and patch panels
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Proficient in many facets of information technology requirements
- Should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate
should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so
- Associates Degree
- Advanced knowledge of the customer and the inner workings of the organization
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
Essential Job Functions
Depending on assignment, the work environment varies from an office environment to working in an environment that may include exposure to drafts, noise, dust, grease, dirt, and standing water as well as temperature extremes and inclement weather. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Employees may experience extended periods of standing, walking, climbing, bending, crouching, and lifting light to very heavy objects and equipment. Use of ladders or scaffolding may be required with the use of required safety equipment. Employees may be exposed to potential health hazards.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Must be able to maintain regular, reliable attendance and ensure on time daily arrival. Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.Must be willing to travel as needed.
Posting ID: 558253905Posted: 2020-06-04