L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:Industrial SecuritySpecialist Job Code: AS20201105-45409Location: Plano, TXPosition Summary:
L3Harris Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
We are searching for aIndustrial Security Specialist
in our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T)
division, located inPlano,TX.
is responsiblefor supporting Contractor Program Security Officers (CPSO) for a classified programs within the L3HARRIS Advanced Systems & Technologies Division. The candidate will be responsible for implementation,compliance and training of all aspects of the National Industrial Security Program, the DoD 5205.07, and L3HARRIS corporate security policies for the Plano,Texas facility. The candidate will either personally, or through direct supervision of security personnel, perform the duties of Personnel Security Specialist in support of various programs. L3HARRIS Technologies has a history of exceptional performance and benefits from a strong reputation in the Security arena. Major Job Activities:
- Provide on-site administrative security support for programs of national importance.
- Interpret and Implement security policy consistent with the Company, DoD, and other Government regulations.
- Maintain and coordinate excellent working relationships with internal & external customers, and government agencies.
- Provide personnel security support including, but not limited to, creation andsubmission of Program Access Requests (PARs), maintaining Program SecurityQuestionnaires (PSQs) and personnel/training security records, conducting security briefings to include annual security education training and awareness, and fielding of daily security request/issues.
- Provide assistance to the CPSOs for all personnel security matters.
- Provide day-to-day execution of all security functions for the program.
- Ensure the development and implementation of an effective security education, training, and awareness program utilizing multiple venues e.g. briefings, newsletters, posters, etc.
- Conduct security indoctrinations and debriefings, audits.
- Assure proper processing of incoming and outgoing visits certifications, and personnel access requests (PAR).
- Update and maintain accurate program access rosters using Microsoft Office products.
- Other security-related duties as assigned by the Security Manager.
- Must be a U.S Citizenwithexisting Top Secret Clearancewith current 6 year update.Must be able to obtain and maintain additional clearances.
- Associates degree or job related expereince.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience as a Defense Contractor Security Professional.
- Previous experience in personnel security processing and ability to use various USG systems of record (e.g. JPAS).
- Must possess an excellent understanding of the NISPOM and DoD 5205.07, as well as government regulations applicable to U.S. Government collateral, SCI and SAP programs.Excellent people skills, with supporting a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
- Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC)
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.