L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:
Senior Specialist Program FinanceJob Code:
Ayer, MAJob Description:
Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results. This position will report to the Director, Finance and dotted line to Program Manager.Essential Functions:
- Responsiblefor managing, preparing, administering, and directing the control of thebudget for medium to large and/or complex programs.
- Workwith program management and functional disciplines to manage cost and schedule.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Providecomprehensive weekly/monthly revenue and project profitability varianceanalysis against monthly spends, budget and forecasts.
- Implementand maintain Order, Sales, Profit, and Investment weekly tracking topresent to leadership, providing program management and program finance inputs, variance analysis against current year plans.
- Assess and quantify cost/schedule/technical status and risk, evaluate program trends, and provide project cost completion estimates.
- Problem solve and conduct investigations to identify root cause and develop improvements to practices/approaches to mitigate scheduling risks.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract costand schedule baselines.
- Forecastmajor aspects of working capital such as cash flow, inventory, accountsreceivables, unbilled and deferred revenue to monitor and analyzecompanies underlying operational efficiency.
- Establishrevenue recognition methodology for programs.
- Supportinternal and external audits.
- Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and varianceanalysis.
- Conducts detailed financial analysis. Interprets and implements most proposal estimating, pricing and documentation requirements.
- Working knowledge of ICE Model for government incurred cost submission.
- Monitorsprogram adherence to approved budget.
- Communicates within and outside of own function or business area and has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g.,customers, vendors, etc.) when necessary.
- Explains,interprets, and gains cooperation on policies, procedures and practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance andminimum 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of priorrelated experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working with DoDcustomers
- Requires strong knowledge of job area typicallyobtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Typically viewed as having a specialty withindiscipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.