L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: PlumberJob ID: AS20200405-45135Job Location: Kekaha, HI
L3Harris Technologies is looking for a ....POSITION SUMMARY:
Specific assignment and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:Environment:
- Maintenance and operation of the following systems:
- compressed air systems
- fire suppression systems
- sewage treatment and distribution systems
- potable water treatment and distribution systems
- steam systems
- hot water generating systems
- petroleum oil and lubricant distribution and storage systems
- buildings and structures plumbing systems
- Assist in new construction project installations.
- Competent with fitting/joining various types of pipe such as copper, galvanized, PVC, ABS, ductile, black, fiberglass, transit and be knowledgeable with pipe fitting terminology.
- Must have knowledge of pumps and electrical motor maintenance.
- Must be competent in the safe use of hand and power tools such as oxy/acetylene torches, tapping machines, drills, drain augers, threading machines, victaulic presses, and lathes.
- Responsible for care of Government equipment, tools, property and materials, and assure that they are properly maintained and safeguarded.
- Performs specific tasks in accordance with verbal and/or written instructions and observes safety, fire, health, and work rules.
- Works with other semi-skilled and skilled crafts-persons and coordinates with members of other activities to ensure quality and timely accomplishment of assigned duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Capable of working in inclement weather, including outdoors with daily exposure to heat and sun glare, wet and noisy conditions as well as heights and confined spaces.Physical Activities:
Minimum physical elements: to include walking, standing, crawling, kneeling, or cramped, work requiring repeated stooping, and work requiring repeated or frequent stair climbing. Lifting, pushing or pulling of over 50 lbs. (two-men assist). Customer contact, extended workday, confined work area, field assignment and inclement weather.Qualifications:Education:
- Satisfactory completion of a military or recognized trade school or have a minimum of four years apprenticeship or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two years ofspecific work experience in the specific field required.
- Must be capable of acquiring theskill and knowledge of proper and safe use of tools and equipmentassociated with the various trades.
- Must demonstrate ability tocomprehend and follow instructions verbally or from written documents, drawings or blueprints at a level necessary for satisfactory job performance.
- Able to work in and around sewagetreatment and disposal areas.
- Must have ability to obtainappropriate State and Government licenses for forklifts up to 8 tons andstake trucks up to 5 tons.
- Must have a valid Hawaii Driver'sLicense.
- Prefer applicant to have Hawaiicertificate for water system operator or back flow prevention.
Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected must be a US Citizen in order to apply for a Secret Security Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment, and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.L3Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.