L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Production Supervisor - Air/Sea/Ground Products
Job Code: AS20200702-40740
Job Location: Torrance, CAJob Description:
L3Harris Electron Devices is the industry's foremost domestic manufacturer of high-power radio frequency amplifiers used in satellites as well as other communications and radar applications. In addition to offering a full range of microwave- and millimeter-wave amplifiers to space and defense customers, we also develop and manufacture highly efficient electric thrusters for satellite station-keeping and interplanetary spacecraft propulsion.
We currently have an opportunity for a PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR Air/Sea/Ground products for our Torrance, CA location.
In this position you will lead a highly skilled manufacturing group producing high-quality vacuum electronic components for commercial and military applications; this requires meeting extremely high manufacturing standards with challenging lead times and cost considerations.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Management and training of hourly employees
- Supporting development and implementation of Lean process improvement plans
- Providing accurate production status updates to Operations management, Program Management, Engineering, and downstream production areas.
- 5years of relevant manufacturing experience - preferably with processing and manufacturing of power supplies, PWB's and integrated assemblies.
- Previous demonstrated leadership skills are necessary with previous supervision experience.
- RF/DC Technical background preferred.
- Must be able to interpret detailed engineering drawings and associated assembly instructions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations..
- Previous experience working in a clean room environment is helpful.
- Working knowledge of or experience with Lean Manufacturing principles is a plus.
- Experience in a union environment is beneficial.
- A relevant bachelor's degree is preferred.
Posting ID: 558253925Posted: 2020-05-21