L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:
Senior Operations ManagerJob ID:
: Torrance, CA
In this role, the Operations Manager is responsible for overall program execution supporting multiple business areas. The Operations Manager is responsible for leading an organization of Manufacturing Supervisors and Hourly bargaining unit workforce. This includes direct supervision and leadership of the Manufacturing organization and coordination of the overall Operations support including the Mission Assurance/Quality, Supply Chain, Production Planning, and Test Engineering functions providing support to the manufacturing facility.Job Responsibilities:
- Meet functionalrequirements of staffing, training, talent development,engagement, retention, and overall management of Manufacturing department / function.
- Provide staffing for programs, IR&D, and special projects for Space and Avionics programs.
- Meet functionalorganization and business AOP budgets.
- Manufacturing/Operationsprocesses as appropriate to ensure tools, processes, and staff arecompetitive and applicable to the business needs. Development of Manufacturing/Process Technology roadmap and capital planning.
- Support pursuits and proposals in the business, including review/approval and Basis of Estimates (BOEs) as needed.
- Support technical tiger Teams for Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) assessment on programswhere applicable.
- Communication of production strategies broadly to expedite adoption and institutionalize best practices - strong executive communication and presentation skills
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor's degree inmanufacturing or a related field with a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Manufacturing/Operations leadership capacity (i.e. Group Lead, IPT Lead, PE, CAM)
- Experience with high reliability electronic assembly processes for assembly processes for space and avionic products
- Experience in applying best practice FMEA/DFMA/DTC methodologies.
- Experience in lean manufacturing implementation - Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification a plus
- Master's degree is aplus
- Experience in a union facility
- Background inthe development/LRIP manufacturing efforts is preferred.
- Standard use of MES,PDM, and MRP is preferred.
- Knowledge of MIL/ IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronicassemblies.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable result
- Ability to coach, mentor and build relationships with external organizations
- Self-starter; problem solver; customer focus
- Ability to clearly and succinctlyconvey information and ideas, including strong executive communication andpresentation skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.