L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: System Integration Engineer 4Position: AS20201405-45566Location: Plano, TXJob Description:
As a System Integration Engineer 4
, you will be part of a team that specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technology in support of the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division. This position focuses on integration of Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), and will work closely with the Program Chief Engineer, interact with other systems integration engineers, and collaborate with our other functions' engineers in planning, designing, manufacturing, and testing of systems to support our warfighters. Essential Functions:
- Perform requirements development, component trade studies, system design, system integration, and design verification testing while working closely with the Program Chief Engineer
- Interact with other systems integration engineers and collaborate with our systems, mechanical, electrical, software, and aerospace engineers in planning, designing, manufacturing, and testing of systems to ensure system software and hardware requirements are traced to the design and formally verified/validated
- Coordinate directly with customer, subcontractor, and vendor personnel through written and oral communication.
- Perform hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation
- Develop system specifications, creation and enforcement of interface control documents, system risk management, and system configuration management
- Development of concepts of uses cases, sequence diagrams, and service contracts.
- Integration from sub-systems to systems of systems and the associated design verification testing, which includes integration and test planning.
- This position will perform test and support equipment design, fabrication, and operation
- Other duties as required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific field
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in requirements development, design, implementation, integration and test of aerospace-related technical systems
- System level design experience in which the applicant has led or been significantly involved in the design and integration of complex hardware/software systems, the definition of multiple interfaces and been involved in the trades of multiple solution options
- Demonstrated expertise in Systems Engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include requirements definition, creation of requirements verification test matrices, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, design reviews and documentation, and integration and test
- Hands on experience participating in system integration and design verification testing
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple programs and responsibilities simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel 10-25% to support field testing
- Degree or relevant coursework in Systems Engineering
- Experience with and an understanding of aerospace systems, especially in the development of integrated hardware/software products
- Experience in unmanned systems
- Experience in radar systems, other sensor modalities, or RF systems
- Experience with LabView
- Experience with Matlab
- Working knowledge of military specifications and standards
- Experience with test and support equipment design
- Experience in development of use cases developed from customer objectives and concepts of operations
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.