L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Title: Mechanical Engineer 1Job Code: AS20201405-45596
Mechanical Engineer1/ Assoc, Mechanical Engrg/ Location:Cincinnati, OH (Batavia, OH)
Applies electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering principles to components, subsystems and systems, including assembly, analysis, testing and documentation; construction of developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies and components. Responsibilities
- Design and construct fixtures for mechanical and electrical testing
- Under supervision perform analysis of products to show compliance to derating guidelines and manufacturers' specifications. Various CAD/CAE tools may be used for this.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform basic engineering tasks.
- Investigate and test vendors' components, perform design selection
- Modify existing designs for new applications
- Assist with documentation of design / product - drawings, specifications, compliance matrices, test plans and test reports
- Assist with generation of DOMs and DIPs (applies for all levels)
- Basic understanding of GD&T (geometric design and tolerencing) - Mechanical Engineer
- Participate in and prepare materials for internal design reviews (IDR)
- Understand configuration management as it applies to product documentation
- Assist with design verifications
- Procure parts for development
- Assist with the fabrication and test of prototype hardware
- Perform and/or oversee design verification tests IAW plan/instructions
- Solder or machine tool trained per current requirements or equivalent skill
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers
Education & Experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Be action-oriented, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Contributes to the completion of routine technical tasks. Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious effect on schedules and programs.
- Bachelors Degree (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/Technology preferred)
- 0-2 years of proven experience in a technician or engineering aide role.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.