L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Range Air Traffic Controller CJob ID: AS20201505-45599Location: Kekaha, HIJob Description:
L3Harris Tech. is looking for a ....POSITION SUMMARY:
Independently or under minimum supervision, demonstrate the ability to control and manage multiple aircraft and marine vessels conducting separate tasks simultaneously. The primary responsibility of a Range Air Traffic Controller is to Check-in aircraft as they enter the range and coordinate with the Air Intercept Controller for hand-off to conduct tactical training. When training is completed, the RATC will assume control of the aircraft to coordinate their exit and handoff to external control facility. Additionally, Range Air Traffic Controllers are responsible for the control of aircraft, helicopters and marine vessels that are conducting radar and/or visual surveillance, target launches and recoveries within PMRF operational areas.MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:Environment:
- Interpret and evaluate radar presentations utilizing raw radar feeds, identification equipment and associated communication equipment.
- Provide close control for helicopters and fixed-wing supersonic jet aircraft entering and exiting PMRF airspace and/or conducting Radar Surveillance missions, target launches or weapon recoveries within PMRF Airspace.
- Communicate with aircraft and marine vessels using proper radio transmission procedures and protocols.
- Set-up, operate and monitor radar displays and other computer-generated multi-sensor display systems in support of Range Operations.
- Maintain situational awareness for all assets by providing overall range surveillance and notifying the Range Control Officer (RCO) of unidentified aircraft or vessels entering the operational area.
- Must obtain certification in accordance with PMRFINST 3722.1 Series prior to independently controlling aircraft in PMRF airspace.
- Maintain a log of all aircraft activity on the Range.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
General office environment.Physical Activities:
Minimum physical elements: to include sitting and requiring repeated or frequent climbing. Lifting, pushing or pulling of 1-10 lbs. Customer contact, extended workday, and field assignment.Qualifications:Education:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of a Navy "A" School and/or Navy Enlisted Course (NEC) for one of the following:
- Navy Operations Specialist (OS)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ATC School
- Navy Air Intercept Controller (AIC)
- Navy Air Direction Controller (ADC) Course
- Sea Combat Air Controller (SCAC)
- Equivalent Air Force Schools accepted.
- Twoyears of experience in related field.
Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.L3Harris Tech. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.