The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager, this position has employees on the project as direct reports. Position would focus on the overview of the General Contractor and the immediate construction of the project, as well as Controls. This position is client facing and would be have direct contact as onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety.
- Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts) with a focus on project construction progress and safety
- Manages budgets, schedules, scope development, documents, procedures and controls for assigned project
- Manages the review and approval process for consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
- Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes during design
- Resolves complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
- Excellent communication skills as this position is client facing
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Construction Management, or Architecture
- 10+ years of experience in a project related technical field required
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager in an Engineering, Environmental or Construction organization required
- Prior K14 experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Posting ID: 558253946Posted: 2020-05-21