Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
The Space Management / Interior Designer will provide on-site assistance with interior design, space management and furniture planning/procurement requirements.
- Manage projects through the entire design process from programming to post occupancy.
- Serve as liaison on any furniture related issues.
- Support and execute projects for multiple tenant organizations.
- Follow Program guidelines for project execution and development and organization of drawings.
- Assist in the development of the furniture spend plan for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Negotiate critical and possible controversial issues with a multi- disciplined team of architects, engineers and federal agency clients.
- Track all furniture projects weekly for accountability, through software such as MS Access (Project Connect).
- Maintain knowledge on recent versions of the International Building Code and Commentary (IBC) and the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS).
- Exhibit good customer service skills and be a cooperative team player.
- Serve as Project manager for the removal of existing furniture and equipment by preparing GSA Xcess paperwork and coordinating with charities to donate approved furnishings.
During Project Execution:
- Survey space, equipment work flow, required adjacencies, communication and organizational requirements.
- Field verify and draw floor plans on AutoCAD following Client templates, including: demolition, power/voice/data locations or other critical items, furniture layout, specifications and notes.
- Ensure that the specifications comply with all Program policies.
- Confirm requirements with end-users and obtain all required approvals.
- Develop FF&E packages for procurement (SOW, Drawings, IGCE cost estimates, specification sheets, justifications, etc.).
- Analyze and evaluate vendor quotations and recommend award of contracts.
- Copy, distribute and perform administrative duties on projects, including storage of electronic and hard copy files. Track progress with Client and GSA Contracting Officers.
- Initiate work orders through the Client system and provide onsite supervision during execution.
- Coordinate and guide furniture vendors throughout projects, facilitate site verification and field measurements with general contractors.
- Prepare and coordinate security access forms and paperwork for escort approval.
- Coordinate installation with: Furniture Vendors or other contractors and installers, electrical contractors, Electronics Technicians, data cabling contractors, IT staff for computer installations, Facilities Services team for site preparation, and/or general contractor's subcontractors for any other issues.
- On installation day, perform the following services: inspect and verify installation is in accordance with plan dimensions, perform QC/QA on installed components, provide written documentation on any damaged items and coordinate the corrections. Initiate and complete the correction of any conditions which may adversely affect the completion of the project on schedule and within budget.
- Candidate must be capable of multi-tasking.
- Receive and assemble any components to ensure project timeline is on track.
- Coordinate the repair and warranty items on previously installed jobs.
- Facilitate the resolution of any post-occupancy issues.
- Provide support to customers for their purchases through Furniture Vendors, verifying product specified complies with customer requirements and discount is applied.
- Advise customers on standard specification of furnishings for potential projects and purchases.
- Review and approve the application for payment from vendors through GSA and client contracting officers and Limited Warrant Holders.
- Miscellaneous services will require proficiency in the use of Microsoft's Office Suite, to include: Word, Excel, Power Point, Project software tools, as well as AutoCAD.
- Assist in the development of reports and studies.
- Prepare finish selections and prepare presentation boards.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights. Qualifications :
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have an active, fully adjudicated TS security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Interior Design or Architecture.
- 5 or more years of commercial office building experience with interior design and space management services.
- Must be proficient in the most current version of AutoCAD software.
Posting ID: 558253947Posted: 2020-05-21