L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:
Engineering TechnicianJob Code:
Salt Lake City, UTJob Description:
The Engineering Technician will work closely with Manufacturing Engineering, Test Engineering, and Inspection on existing and new products in a ESD FOD lab environment. This position is responsible for performing functions associated with electronic test and debug operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production and debug of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies. The employee will receive on-the-job training as needed but will need to be comfortable working independently. The successful candidate will have daily test and debug responsibilities with minimal supervision.Responsibilities:
- Conducts debug operations on product and determines requirements to ensure full functionality
- Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences
- Collects and evaluates functional data to conduct real-time tuning adjustments to products, instruments or equipment
- Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process to meet product specifications and quality requirements
- Works with engineers in conducting experiments
- Lays out and assembles units for production equipment according to designs, specifications and work instructions
- Adjusts and calibrates systems as needed
- Modifies equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as instructed by predeterminedprocesses
- Conducts root cause on failed components and recommends corrective actions
- Corrects failures by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed
- Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Perform continuous improvement projects targeting waste affecting product quality, cost, and schedule or other items of value to the business
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and judgment at all times as detailed in company policy and procedure
- Maintain high ethical standards
- Support OT (nights, weekends, extended hours) as needed to meet schedule requirements and business needs
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Management
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance, as required
- Requires advanced job knowledge/skills. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or military electronics program or recognized school.
- Academic knowledge of electronics, mechanical, solid state technology, microprocessor and computer technology sufficient to function in fields of electronic technology
- Specific experience in RF parametric testing and tuning preferred
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend schematics, logic drawings, layouts, wire lists, and prints
- Usually functions in a production factory environment or engineering laboratory with exposure to noise from machines, which may require certain personal protective equipment such as goggles and ear plugs
- Able to move medium weights
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.