The Employee Relations Manager is directly responsible for the coordination and implementation of employee relations programs, policies and procedures. Provides leadership for employee engagement initiatives promoting good communication and positive relationships to promote workplace satisfaction.WHAT YOU'LL DO...
- Primary point-person for managing employee complaints, performance issues and conflict resolution. Guides supervisors and employees throughout the performance management and goal setting process. Identifies and analyzes issues with employee infractions and provides recommendations for resolutions. Must be timely, caring and responsive in responding to employees and supervisors. Conducts thorough and in-depth investigations as appropriate engaging other employees and Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP) as needed. Must effectively balance the needs of the employee and the Company to reach a positive outcome for all parties whenever possible.
- Lead employee relations initiatives to improve employee engagement, productivity and overall job satisfaction.
- Manage the Company's Ethics Hotline. Responsible for managing investigations and reaching timely resolution for each case. May work in conjunction with supervisors, HRBPs or other human resources employees to research and resolve inquiries and reports.
- Ensures federal, state and local compliance related to employment and workplace expectations.
- Provides reporting on a regular basis for relevant KPIs and trends in the workforce.
- Conducts exit interviews and consolidates timely appropriate feedback to management.
- Develops, implements and administers personnel policies and procedures in conjunction with the HR Business Partners. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures and updates to the Employee Handbook to effect continual improvement and anticipate the needs of the organization as it continues to grow.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Protects confidential and process sensitive information in a professional and ethical manner.
Lewis Tree Service is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity for both applicants and employees. Lewis Tree Service prohibits unlawful discrimination or harassment of employees and applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age (40+), religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic, all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, apprenticeship, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Lewis Tree Service's practices and policies are administered in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of generalist experience in the human resources field; minimum of 3 years in an employee relations capacity.
- PHR, SPHR, SPHR-CA certification or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification highly desirable.
- Experience in organizations with field operations and with a large workforce of over 4,000 employees preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in labor relations
- Experience working in Human Resources Information Systems
- Must have solid competency level in Microsoft Office computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have the highest level of integrity and operate with the utmost confidentiality. Must demonstrate good judgement when engaging with others, when making day-to-day decisions and when making recommendations to supervisors.
- Gains trust with coworkers and is able to influence appropriate and positive outcomes.
- Able to make reasonable and sound decisions in a timely manner. Advises supervisor of issues, concerns and decisions needing to be made in an appropriate manner. Able to think strategically and make achievable short and long-term goals for area of responsibility.
- Expert ability to clearly and concisely communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization. Must have an approachable style that welcomes open communications with all employees. Ability to listen and convey messages with empathy, care, concern and professionalism.
- Proven experience in conflict resolution.
Posting ID: 558253972Posted: 2020-05-21