Job Introduction:Hiring Now!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Manager, Business Development. As a Manager, Business Development, you will research, develop, and establish excellent business relationships with potential buyers of security services (security officers, security integration services, and other service lines). While this role will focus on security officers, learning other service lines to enhance the offer is critical - either driven through cross-selling, upselling, or integrated security. The MBD leads the sales effort from lead to order including prospecting, relationship development, understanding pain and gain points for the customer, developing solutions to meet their needs, writing responses to requests for proposal and related activities, preparing and presenting sales presentations, and other functions related to identifying and closing the sale. The Manager, Business Development also assists other field office personnel with business development activities associated with local business opportunities.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Role Responsibility:Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Prospect, identify, influence and prioritize the top opportunities in the market, carry sales opportunity through from lead to order (close). Build relationships, and generate sufficient sales activity to assure a close.
- Analyze the requirements of formal Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests For Information (RFIs), etc., and lead the sales strategy for the response; and with General Managers, Sales Support Managers, or Headquarters, develop proposals for all accounts meeting the required deadlines.
- Attend self-generated sales appointments educating potential customers on company's services
- Maintain database of prospective customers recording contact history and future activities
- Plan and prepare PowerPoint presentations for sales calls
The Ideal Candidate:Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a minimum of two years of work experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales with a proven and measurable track record of exceeding sales goals
- Familiarity with the local market of the specific geographical area
- Ability to influence decision makers and build strategic relationships, and shape RFP/sales opportunities
- Must have excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable active listening and presentation skills
- Comfort using professional online networking tools
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
Physical Requirements and EnvironmentEnvironment:
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Mostly indoor or in car/ridesharing/local transportMajor activity:
Working on computer while sitting, standing, speaking, walking, and listeningPhysical efforts to carry out job duties:
Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityG4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employerand an Alcohol- and Drug-Free WorkplaceG4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices