Candidate will provide program Leadership to a diverse team supporting the Conventional Prompt Strike Test Facility (CTF) contract, to include direct supervision of project, budget, schedule, procurements, and overall project performance. Candidate will support the Operations Lead and can fill in for them when they are not in the area. Serves as the secondary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities on technical and program/project issues.
They can handle workload distribution, basic employee issues, coordination's with other Departments and Administrative staff. Provide personnel with the necessary support, leadership and direction to achieve on-time customer delivery performance with zero defects while maintaining productivity, efficiency and safety standards. Coordinate with Scheduling to create and execute daily schedules with personnel to ensure timely completion of tasks, communicating equipment & material status to ensure smooth and efficient transitions. Work directly with Engineers, Site Staff and others as needed. Looking for ways to not just keep things running smoothly, but also improve outputs and efficiencies.
Work Scope may include any or/all of the following duties:
- Responsible for projects/tasks within the program (aka "the product line").
- Provides oversight of all ongoing projects/tasks to ensure that each contractual objective is being met, that resource expenditures remain within budget, that all delivery requirements are fulfilled, and all work remains on schedule.
- Maintains close liaison with the customers to prioritize key tasking and ensure timely resolution of any programmatic issues.
- Oversees technology development, marketing, resource allocation, and performance WRT the program/project/task.
- Reviews status area measurements for the program/project/task and ensures textual narratives provided adequately describe the reason/rationale for the measurement values assigned.
- If assigned, supervises program/project and support employees in the performance of their daily activities.
- Reviews the work of program/project/task personnel for update manuals, instructions, and operating procedures; provide information and assistance to customers; evaluate established methods and procedures and prepare recommendations for changes in methods and practices where appropriate; and ensure the application of appropriate security measures to the assignment.
- Ability to define, implement and maintain highly mature and disciplined processes and procedures, design and implement data collection processes, conduct cost/benefit tradeoff analyses, and propose and identify changes to the current process.
- This position requires: knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Management software on PC computer systems; detailed knowledge of cost estimating and accounting for software development/test projects and Earned Value accounting processes; the ability to propose changes to the current process in order to streamline an A bachelors degree and 6 years of experience are required.
Suitable experience ranging from basic knowledge, to positions requiring extensive knowledge and skills in the specialty area. Demonstrated use of mature judgment, and resourcefulness. Demonstrated skill level and proficiency in all aspects of the business environment and broad familiarity with business, technical writing and training development.
Leadership responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as focal point for work requests of the group; planning, organizing, and coordinating the activities of personnel. Controlling and reviewing work to assure timeliness and accuracy of responsible functions.
- Establishing and maintaining schedules for the group to be consistent with budgetary and time constraints with emphasis on safety of operations.
- Developing innovative approaches to non-routine, nonrecurring work requests based on acquired experience.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience are required.
- Demonstrated use of mature judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) products is required.
- U.S. Citizenship and active U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required:
Essential Requirements:Physical requirements:
- Human Resources practices and procedures
- Personnel management practices and procedures.
- Accounting, finance and budget planning and execution
- Earned value management
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying, the following: program management principles, methods, and practices in the assigned specialty area; systems development life cycle management concepts; performance monitoring principles and methods; quality assurance principles; technical documentation methods and procedures; systems security methods and procedures; analytical methods; and oral and written communication techniques sufficient to accomplish assignments such as: perform routine and recurring assignments in the specialty area; identify and resolve issues and problems; prepare and update instructions, and operating procedures; provide information and assistance to customers; evaluate established methods and procedures and prepare recommendations for changes in methods and practices where appropriate; and ensure the application of appropriate security measures to the assignment.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (40) pounds as necessary. Individual must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Periodic/occasional travel may be required to include both continental US and/or overseas locations.Work Environment:
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.Attendance:
Normal hours are Monday - Thursday between 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., non-flex Fridays 7:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.Equipment and Machine:
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.Other Essential Functions:
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management, and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel (up to 10%) to and from customer locations and test locations (government and vendor) may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.Travel requirements:
May be required to travel, but will be infrequent
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.