Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients locations around the world.
Jacobs is seeking a full time System Support Representative. The successful candidate will provide technical support, assistance, and maintain hardware/software configuration for certified Mission Planning Environments at assigned sites. Under certain circumstances, deploy with assigned units during peacetime and during armed hostilities in theater operations outside of the United States. Duties & Responsibilities:
Work scope may include any/all of the following duties:
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.Qualifications :Education Desired/Required:
- Support primary and secondary customers and may be required to support a multi-state region by performing updates, upgrades, maintenance, and disposition of hardware/software.
- Analyze software, hardware, and system malfunctions, and implement corrective actions.
- Deliver technical briefings for users of mission planning systems, software, and data (including classified and unclassified source data) as required.
- Support unit needs during exercises, daily training, deployments, and real-world contingencies. Provide SSR support/expertise as requested by the Mission Planning Systems Support Facility.
BS degree in a computer or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university and at least one (1) year of experience as a System Support Representative and five (5) years of progressive, relevant computer experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education, experience, training, and certifications. ****Must hold a current DoD Secret clearance****Experience Required/Desired:
- Understanding of mission planning concepts and aircraft performance factors is required; crew experience is highly desired.
- Understanding of airspace, airports, airways, and navigation aids.
- Understanding of and ability to analyze/troubleshoot hardware, software, and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of networking hardware/software over classified and unclassified government networks.
- Understand mission planning system functions and external interfaces to include setup and teardown procedures.
- Operational aircrew experience is desirable.
Training & Certifications:
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent) required within 6 months of hire
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Guidelines (level of supervision required to perform):
Must be able to work independently but within the framework established by the supervisor and/or customer.
Complexity of tasks/responsibilities:
- Must be able to identify and analyze important factors and conditions in order to recognize and apply an understanding of interrelationships, and anticipate customer need.
- Must decide course of action based on analyses of the subjects and issues related to the assignments and select the appropriate course of action from acceptable alternatives.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal to no supervision
None U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Essential FunctionsPhysical Requirements:
Light- Work usually requires standing or walking to a significant degree. Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently to move objects. Work Environment:
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision. Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation. Attendance:
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Must be able to work within the shift hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
May be required to work outside of normal shift hours when required for mission support. Other Essential Functions:
Some travel may be required.cjpost