Jacobs is looking for a talented individual to join our team for DISA's Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) supporting the new Test, Evaluation, and Certification (TEC) contract.
The position will include (but is not limited to) the following duties:
Qualifications :Education and Experience:
- Ability to Define, design, and document Network Infrastructure Requirements
- Test and document network configurations and performance
- Manage and validate network security configurations
- Review network standards and trends to identify and recommend operational improvements
- Establish and operate network test facilities
- Have excellent Network troubleshooting techniques.
- Provide a high-level of support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges, routers, encryption, and firewalls
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS)
- Requires in-depth background in wireless equipment, standards, protocols, and security standards, as well as wireless local area network (WLAN) designs
- Thorough knowledge of networking technology, IEEE802.3 (Ethernet) standards
- Internet Protocol Suite (IPS), 802.11 standards and Hardware cabling standards.
- In-depth understanding of networking systems and TCP/IP to include experience in IP Addressing and Subnetting
- Proficiency with TCP/IP networking, networking architecture, computer and operating systems.
- Proficiency with network security principles, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Experience with Network designs, Network management tools, IT security.
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); Create Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience with routing and switching systems, such as Cisco, Juniper, and Brokade.
- Must have LAN and Proxy Server knowledge
- Network Troubleshooting Ability
- Network Performance Tuning Ability
- Programming Capability (Linux, Python)
- A working knowledge of both Linux and Windows platforms.
- Clear and concise understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- Good working knowledge of MPLS (including L3VPN and L2 services), SONET, POS, ATM, Virtual LANs and Trunking (VLANs), STP, and VTP; Network Security (ACLs, IPSec Tunnels); Multicast and how to properly implement these technologies.
- Proficient with understanding and utilizing networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, 802.15/Bluetooth, Cellular LTE, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
- Have the ability to solve problems quickly and completely and use analytical problem-solving skills and methods.
- Create a root-cause analysis and mitigation plan when required.
- Able to make modernization recommendations for Cybersecurity and interoperability, Customer Edge Router, ASLAN, and Wireless network Infrastructures and optimization.
- Must be knowledgeable about both wired and wireless network technology.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and work independently while being conscious of how your work interacts with that of others.
- Possess drive, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Must also be an effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Must have good presentation skills to collaborate successfully with network administrators, technicians, vendors, and managers.
- Must have excellent customer interfacing skills.
- Must be able to clearly brief senior leaders on network status, issues, and recommendations when needed.
Essential Functions:Physical Requirements
- Requires a Doctorate and at least 4 years of experience; or
- Master's degree and at least 10 years of experience.
- An active Secret security clearance is required at time of hire.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.Work Environment
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.Attendance
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.