Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Work as a lead textile engineer, conduct experimental and theoretical research assignments to support the PPE textile engineering projects. The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
Demonstrated ability to:
- Be passionate about innovating products that are the highest quality in their class
- Be energized by working on multinational and cross-functional team efforts
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong technical networks
- Be excited about creating and driving complex technical projects with multiple global sites
- Responsibilities Include
- Focusing on understanding the impact of nonwoven, knitting process, braiding, weaving, welding process, and other external factors on the durability of final product performance
- Linking the chemical, physical and mechanical properties of fibers, textiles, and flexible composites to industrial textile performance
- Partnering with team members and cross-functional stakeholders to identify, develop and utilize textile characterization and aging capabilities
- Leveraging forensic analysis tools to understand textile impact on product failure and durability risk
- Influence others, lead self effectively, drive projects and follow through on commitments
- Handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Rapidly assess technical challenges, apply creative problem solving skills, and build an effective course of action
- Understand experimental design, statistical analysis, and project management
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills that are adaptable to circumstance and audience
- Ability to travel: 10%, mostly domestic
- Advanced degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Textile Engineering
- Experience with fabrication process and assembly process
- Experience with nonwoven technology
- Experience with Cut&Sewn Products.
- Experience with hands on work for the knitting, weaving, braiding process
- Experience working with external agencies/standards committees on method standardization
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience with textile or flexible composite materials, processing and characterization OR 3+ years with Master's or Ph.D. degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering, or Textile Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of the mechanical behavior of textiles (fiber/polymer/yarn/fabrics/nonwoven)
- Experience linking textile properties, structure, processing and finished goods performance (i.e. abrasion, tear, strength, stiffness, toughness, wettability, adhesion, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of textile/flexible composite testing and characterization
- Hands-on experience with test method development, fabrication and assembly process, fabrication manufacturing process.
- Experience with forensics/failure mode analysis
- JOB ID: HRD93534
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 558254342Posted: 2020-05-21