L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Test Technician(Manufacturing Technician A)Job Code: MTSAJob Location: Northampton, MAJob Description:
Perform a variety of testing and troubleshooting on various components and assemblies: wire harnesses, analog and digital circuit cards, RF assemblies, video imaging hardware, electro-optical mechanisms, electronics chassis, and full hardware systems.Essential Duties:
- Must have astrong working knowledge of analog and digital circuits. Must have the ability to troubleshoot circuit card assemblies to component level, read and comprehend electrical schematic diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Must be proficient with multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, and labpower supplies. Must be able to learn the usage of angle position indicators, image quality analysis (MTF, SNR, and MRT), RF signalgenerators, scalar network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, vector networkanalyzers, power meters, directional couplers, precision variable attenuators and other specialized equipment as required.
- Must have theability to be critical in evaluation of hardware and components to meetcustomer, vendor and internal requirements. Must maintain a high level ofattention to detail in both inspection and documentation.
- Must be able to follow detailed test instructions. Identify and report any errors found indocumentation for correction.
- Must becomfortable configuring and working with complex test setups. Maintain confidence in testing from sub components to system level hardware,ensuring that hardware meets both test requirements and expected intent of operation.
- Must becomfortable working in specialized work areas such as anechoic chambers,environmental chambers, clean room, vibration lab, and the periscopetower, while adhering to all safety protocols and requirements.
- Must becomfortable working around and with high performance precision opticalassemblies. Ability to adhere to glass handling procedures.
- Interface withgovernment representatives and customers during product acceptancetesting, train customers on operation, maintenance and troubleshooting ofequipment and systems. Perform detailed inspections and complete test procedures with customer observation.
- Must have the ability to become certified to the latest industry electronic componentassembly standards.
- Must be able towork within a group or independently when required and adhere to all company policies and protocols.
- Ability to perform tear down, inspection and evaluation of products returned for repair.Complete detailed paperwork for evaluation and quoting process of repaircontracts.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams & engineering drawings.
- Troubleshootanalog and digital circuit boards.
- Proficiency withMultimeter, Oscilloscope, Lab Supplies, and Function generator.
- Proficiencyworking with MS Office tools
- AssociatesDegree or Trade School in Electronic Technology or equivalent.
- 3+years testexperience in the defense or aerospace industry preferred.
- Experience withdefense electronics a plus
- Must meeteligibility requirements to access US classified information
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.