L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Join the L3Harris Space & Sensors team as an Assembly Technician.
- Manualassembly of complex electro-mechanical system for military usage
- Manualmachining of components for assembly operations, as required
- Workto contractual deadlines to meet customer delivery dates
- Work independently and with a team
- Actsas a mentor to lower level peers and provides guidance on tasks
- Provideregular status reports on work in progress
- Workson complex assignments requiring development of concepts and techniques
- Makesrecommendations on process improvements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- The use of safety equipment (PPE) is requiredin designated areas
- Accessand utilize web based technical publications
- Shift work as required
- Weekend work or Overtime, as required
- Established ESD and FOD procedures must befollowed
- Maintainassigned tools and test equipment
- 3+ years of Precision Mechanical Assembly Experience
- Manual machine shop experience
- Ability to work with complex blueprints andwork instructions with limited supervision
- Ability to use precision measurement tools(indicator, micrometers, calipers, etc)
- Experience with military equipment a plus
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Able to work independently
- Passion for craftsmanship
- Strong work ethic
- Requires independent action and a high degreeof initiatives to resolve issues
Essential Physical Tasks:
- Strong Electro-Mechanical background
- Capable of demonstrating workmanship skills to the required quality standards
- Previous experience working in a digital work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lb.
- Fine motor dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination
- Concentrated mental/visual demand
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.